Ice Cream Shop

if ure new here welcome and i swear my writing skills get a lil better throughout the fanfic

"Y/N wake up!"

"Fucking hell" were my first words waking up.

"Coming mom!!"

Today was the day I start living with my grandparents, well for the meantime. I look at my packed bags across the room and then I looked at my phone.

Ah shit

It's 8:30 am and I had to get ready fast or else my mom would be furious. She has this thing where everything should go according to her plan. Her plans for today was to drive me to gramps and get back here before 2 pm because she said she had something important to do. That 'something important' was probably going on a date with some guy I don't know. I don't blame her though.

My mom was my dad's second wife after his first wife left him because he cheated on her with another woman. Not on my mom though, she's not that desperate. They met after a year he was divorced, got married, and had me. After 5 years they also got divorced because surprise surprise, he cheated on my mom.

I got up, fixed my bed, and took off to take a bath. After all that, I dried off, put on jeans, a white tank top, and a pair of Nikes before I put on light makeup. Mascara, blush, and my beloved Burt's Bees lip balm. I went downstairs carrying my bags so I could put them in the car beforehand, I double checked to see if I forgot anything.

Its almost 9 am and so I packed a big sandwich and an apple so I could eat breakfast while traveling, you know to save more time and also to save myself from the wrath of my own mother.

I bid my pet dogs honey and cinnamon goodbye before I finally leave. We live in Missouri and so travel time to Illinois would take like 4 hours. My mom and I settled down and she starts driving.

*3 and a half hours in*

"Mom"

"Yes y/n?"

"Uh I forgot to pack water and I'm really thirsty" I said trying to sound as innocent as possible

"We're probably going to pass by an ice cream shop, you could buy water there and also can you buy for me a vanilla ice cream it's so hot"

"Yeah sure" I replied

My butt hurts from sitting down in this car I just had to stretch a little bit so I came up with something. It took 30 minutes for us to reach the ice cream shop mom talked about.

I grabbed my wallet, put my hair up in a ponytail, put a sweater on, and sprayed some perfume before heading out the car to buy water and ice cream.

And also so I could stretch my ass

I enter this cute not so well known ice cream place. The interior of the store is pastel and gives me 'this is where children who invite very few people celebrate their birthday parties' vibe. I liked it.

I walked to the counter and scanned what else they served.

omg, they have milkshakes? I have to get one

I paid for a strawberry milkshake to go, water, and a vanilla ice cream. I sat nearby while I was waiting for the milkshake. I messaged mom if she can spare me a few minutes because they were preparing the milkshake. I asked them to hand me the ice cream later so it wouldn't melt.

While I chewed on my water bottle, I scanned the place a little more, including me, there are approximately 10 people here, excluding the staff of course. There were a group of three girls, there was me, and uh... I don't know if they're siblings or what, but they sure look like it, there were 6 of them, they looked like they're having fun. Cute.

"strawberry milkshake for y/n!"

The server called me and I took my order. I thanked him, he looked like he was on his 40's and looked very kind. I gave him a smile.

I turn to my left abruptly and that's when someone bumped on to me and accidentally spilled my milkshake on me.

"shit shit I'm so sorry" the guy who looked about my age said guiltily

He asked for some tissues and tried to wipe the milkshake off me

"Hey it's fine" I told him, but he didn't stop

"Mister I don't know who you can stop now" I say while giggling

He stopped and looked at me

"I'm so sorry, at least let me pay for it" he looked very guilty and worried

"It's fine you didn't spill a lot on me, also I could just take this off" I placed my stuff on the counter and proceed to take off my jacket

"See? No worries" I beamed at him while saying this

"Oh okay I'm still so sorry"

"It's okay" I smiled at him one more time

I placed my jacket on the counter so I could fix myself, he stood there awkwardly for a while, looked like he wrote something, and then left. I took my jacket and belongings then went to the car.

"What took you so long?"

"Some guys accidentally spilled some of my milkshake on me, but I'm fine"

Mom nodded and started driving away from the ice cream shop. I wore my jacket again because I started to freeze from the ac. I put my hand in the pockets of the jacket and felt something in there. I took it out and I was greeted with a $20 bill with a tissue paper that said 'sorry :('

I smiled to myself and looked outside the window.

I hope we meet again

------------
Hello thank you for reading the first chapter of my first ever fanfic srry its kinda short rn :( I noticed that most fanfics about adam/isabel here are very straightforward so I made one to those fans of them out there who like to take things a LITTLE more slower !! I'll try my best to capture adams personality. Please enjoy the rest of this fanfic and I'll try my best to update as soon as i can ❤️ oh and I'm very open to suggestions so don't be scared to tell me because I'll probably need help from you guys <3 your votes and views mean a lot to me!!