Chapter 2

Vien's POV

One white room.

Two tidy windows.

Three medicines on the side table.

Four hours of just staring at the ceiling.

My head aches as I'm forcing my brain to serve me right about the scene that happened earlier. It was spinning, a pattern of circles were dancing just to where I dart my look.  

Just before everything went black, I saw Brylle running towards me, then cut.

“Urgh, bloody!”

I unawarely uttered that loud. I scratched my head slightly, feeling the tension working on inside my head. I wish I really had a superpowers to see things that already took place even without my presence in the scene. In that manner, I might have written historical fictions better, and my brain wouldn't be this exhausted. 

Tsk Vien, you’re such a weakling! How could you let a simple baseball ball kissing your head made you pass out?! And why would a ball flight off inside a mall at the first place?

Five footsteps on the corridor.

*click* my eyes widened at the appearance of that gloomy shadow as the door opened.

“H-hi” I wasn’t sure whether that’s the right word to say to start off a conversation at the moment. But, I still give a friendly smile.

“Brylle remembered about you” she uttered in a straight forward and serious sorrowful tone. Her gaze were intensely locked on me.

I trailed my stare from her unstable eyes to her stiff toe. I can see that her knees are trembling no matter how hard she tried to stop it. Her left hand was tightly clenched on the grip of her bag. 

I filled  my lungs with cold air preparing myself for whatever she's about to say.

“I think he can already recall his past with YOU” she uttered without cutting her stern look at me. She lifted her right brow, showing her bitchy complexion.

Every broken piece of me started to mend on the cracks. The blanket of tears that cover me was slowly rolling out of the play. Unsung melodies started to uproar.

But as I did, the table turned for Jasmine in a haste. I can't take to see my best friend in that manner. My best friend? Or once my best friend?