Chapter Two

Can stood like a statue, his thoughts clouded with this fantasy that had just erupted in his heart. Did that really just happen or was it a daydream, it couldn't be, his body still smoldered from her touch, and the smell;  A smell that was like none other.  It still swirled around in his nose, making him dizzy. His mind begin to clear, he needed to find her,  he bolted for the door. He stepped out into the hallway, looking both ways. " Where had she gone, you waited too long, " He thought. A small panic set in, but he had to hold it together, this anniversary party was very important to his dad and didn't want to ruin it for him by running around looking for someone he had never seen. But he would find her......

Sanem was plastered against the wall on the bottom floor, will all the thoughts jumbled up in her head, she decided to get a taxi and just go home. She looked for the exit, in desperate need of some fresh air. Maybe to clear her mind, or was it to cool the fire that had flared up deep within her. She stepped out and let the breeze sweep around her, it felt good but it wasn't enough. She slide into the taxi, giving her address, she grabbed her phone to text her sister to tell her she was going home. The excuse of, not feeling well, wasn't a complete lie, but it definitely wasn't a sick feeling. She was so tired from her first day and then this, maybe it just made her overreact, it could have been. " I'll be glad to get home, and just relax." She thought. But her skin still tingled from the feel of his arms, " What kind of feeling is this." She wondered, as she shuddered at her thoughts....

Aziz and Emre handled all the guests, thanking them for attending. Their dad had pushed himself hard the last few months, just preparing for this event. His health was taking a toll on him. The thoughts of a much needed vacation was very tempting, but he knew Emre couldn't run the agency alone. And he would never ask Can to put his career on hold to take his place as head of the company. So his time off would have to wait. Can had caught up with his longtime friend, and the agency's lawyer, Metin. They were like brothers, had been through everything together. He was eager to catch up on his friends life.  With Aziz and Emre satisfying their duties as hosts, they found Can and called for the car to take them home.  Can and Metin made plans to meet before Can took off on his next adventurous job somewhere in the world... 

Can's thoughts were obviously not there with them, as they sat by the pool with there drinks. He was someplace else, his eyes were fixed and glazed. Aziz stared at his son, wondering where his thoughts were, he had asked the same question three times and he still hadn't heard him. Emre was quite amused by it so he reached over, giving him hard shake. " Where did you go, and who were you with? " He teased, laughing.. " That certainly wasn't the look of business on your mind." ....Can shook his head, bringing his thoughts back to the present. They laughed, but Can knew what was on his mind, was no laughing matter. He had to find that woman.....but how, all he knew was her smell. Would he have to go around smelling all the women at the agency ? I hardly think so.....and besides there were many women there weren't associated with the agency. So he had his work cut out for him...

Emre excused himself early, saying he had some urgent business to take care of, with a smile and a wink at Can he said his good nights. The look on his dads face told the story to Can, his dad was tired and he couldn't hide it. Aziz questioned his son about his assignments, wanting to know all the details of his exciting life, the life that kept him drifting around, not able to settle down and return to Istanbul and their family. Can knew these questions were leading to his never ending request for him to come back home and be close to him again. Can was concerned about his father, he had looked different on this visit, more fatigued and his eyes were dull with worry. Asking his dad how he felt, Aziz quickly assured him all was well, " Nothing a long vacation wouldn't fix." He smirked....Can studied him, saying " Then take that vacation, you've been talking about it for a couple of years now." What's stopping you?"  Aziz looked at his son and stated, " Just the agency, it takes so much of my time, it's finally on top now and I've got to keep it there."  Emre can't run the creative side, nor does he want to." He took a deep breath, leaned his head back against the lounge chair,   " Emre's much to busy with the finances to learn the creative side. and besides, he doesn't have the talent for it ".....Can hated seeing his dad like this, he wondered if he should offer to run things for a while so he could get away?  He would have to think about it, and....it might give him time to find that woman in that was still vivid his head....

Sleep wouldn't come for Sanem, when she closed her eyes she relived that event over and over in her head. It all felt so real, but a feeling was all it was. The feeling of his touch, his breath on her face, and his beard, his beard....Yes, he had a beard, She shouted in her mind.  She remembered the tickle of his beard as his lips met hers and slightly grazed across. The memory brought her goosebumps, and a flutter in her stomach. She even giggled out loud at the thought. " My god Sanem,"  she thought, " this is ridiculous." It's not like you have never been kissed before" Adin has kissed you before, and on the lips, so what's the big deal......Just stop thinking about it. You'll never know who it was anyway..... how would you know? 

Aziz told Can goodnight and retired to his bedroom, leaving Can alone. He always slept better outside, in the open, with the air blowing around him. It was the capture of nature that made him happy and content, or so it had been until now. That happy and excited feeling had always come from his work, but tonight a new desire had exploded within him, begging him to search for more.......

Should he stay....stay and search for what he had been looking for all his life.......