Second kiss

Neither of them had spoken about the kiss since it happened. Perhaps that was because he was avoiding her when his shift ended. He wasn't sure what to say to her, what do you say when you end up accidentally kissing your coworker? But it wasn't just him, she hadn't sought him out either. So perhaps both of them were unsure of what to say to the other. But faint seemed to be taunting him. 

There was a small string of killings in the abandoned zones and Division 1 had began investigating them. Shion had dug up a connection between an unregulated nightclub within the area and the victims. Akane-Chan of course wanted to check it out herself and she was opposed to bringing in a whole team into the place. She even suggested going alone but thankfully not only did he object but so did Togane and the rest of the enforcers. There was no way in hell they would let her go to a place that was tied to the deaths of several young women. 

"I'm armed, I'll be fine." Was her weak argument. Shimotsuki even sided with the enforcers about how bad of an idea that was. So finally she relented and decided to take an enforcer with her with Karanormori listening in as back up. 

"I just wanted to get the feel of the place." Came her annoyed voice as she drove the car. "I don't need protection."

Gino sighed, she was always so stubborn. "If this was any other case I could probably agree with you. But the nature of the killings as well as the profiles of the women, it makes you a target. That is, if we're correct in thinking he frequents this club." 

"I know." She huffed, "I just--I feel like I'm still the rookie when it comes to these things. Both you and Kunizuka hardly seem to let me out of your sight."

"You're our inspector, it's our job to protect you." he pointed out. 

"If you two are done bickering." Came the smooth voice of Shion over their coms. "Then I'd like to point out that both of you look more like cops than a couple headed to a nightclub."

"Oh! Right" the brunette beside him said as she grabbed her purse and pulled out a small compact mirror.

"Will taking my jacket and tie off do?" he asked, even if he had changed before, he didn't exactly have clothes in his closet for this sort of thing. 

There was a sigh from his com, "I guess that'll have to do. Maybe ruffle up your shirt and mess up your hair a bit."

"E-excuse me?" The shirt he could do but his hair was fine as it was. "My hair looks fine."

A small laugh came from beside him and he looked over to see Akane now wearing a tight, dark blue dress. Thin spaghetti straps showed off her pale shoulders and collarbone and she wore a small dainty necklace blue necklace. "I didn't know you were so strict with your hair, Gino-san."

He forced himself to tear his gaze away from her as he worked on getting his tie off. "I'm not. I just don't see anything wrong with how it is now."

When they arrived in the abandoned Zone Ginoza was able to hide his dominator underneath his untucked button up shirt. The inspector wouldn't be able to carry hers but at least one of them had one just in case. When the brunette got out of the car she walked over towards him, hands reaching to touch his hair but he managed to back away, grabbing her small wrist in his hands. "I like my hair."

"Please?" She asked, giving him the smallest of pouts and he sighed, lowering his head for her. He couldn't say no to her when she got like that and she knew it. One time he caught her smuggling Kagari sweets and he was in the process of scolding her when she gave him that look and he just huffed at the rookie inspector and walked away. 

He felt her ruffle up his hair before pulling out the small plastic band he had holding his hair back. He felt her fingers run through his hair and it made him shiver, pulling himself away. "Alright, that should be fine." He said as he cleared his throat.