1

Amira went inside the school. She looked around, and she saw him. Troy. You know, the typic popular boy who is kind to everybody. He makes you feel comfortable, he tells you jokes and he makes you smile.

Amira fell in love with him, but she was scared to make a move. She was the nerdy girl who sat in the middle of the class. The girl that you only recognise when you didn't do your homework. Although she was kind and smart, she was the type who preferred to stay silent. She loved to observe people.

The first time they talked was in the first year of high school, when they get paired up to do a team project. Amira was shy at first, but Troy melted the ice between them.

They became kind of friends. Not the type of friends who go to parties together or the type of friends who talk with each other on phone for hours. But the type of friends who greet each other, who talk for like two minutes a day (on average). The type of friends who laugh loudly in class, when they are seated nex to each other, the type of friends who have a few inside jokes.

Like classmates.

But Amira thought its okay. Troy was popular, he had other people to talk to. Amira watched him silently during periods when he laughed with other boys or girls in the back of the class.

Amira wasnt the typic beauty standard. She had straight, brown hair and brown eyes. She wore glasses to classes, and she always wore her hair in two messy braids. And to be honest her nose was a little bit too big.

Amira tought that shes never gonna confess her feelings but...

On Valentine's Day she talked with Troy who asked her „Will you come to the party?"

She said no. Troy laughed and asked why.

„I dont know anybody there. I dont want to sit alone and watch others dance and flirt and kiss"

„Dont worry. Ill be there. You wont be lonely! Promise!"