Chapter 8: An Exciting Ending

"Oooof!". Along with Gary, Martine, Furbus, Once-ler, and Lorax, you climb up a truffula tree and get bumped into by your friends.

"This is a bit of a tight fit, but if we want to stop the plague, we all need to get up here!" Furbus explains. You all had formulated the plan last night to knock out the cloud of virus that had been closing in on your land. You all sit in a circle and the sun beat down on all of your faces. "Are we ready?", Furbus asks. Everyone quickly nods. Lorax smiles at you reassuringly and you all begin. First, Furbus focuses like he is about to teleport, but instead, does something greater: He tears a hole and Thneedville right to your Kansas home! The amazement turns into fear when you notice a sickly yellow cloud covering your land.

"This is worse than I thought," you whisper to yourself as you take in the scene. You take Martine's hand and you both reach toward Kansas. Your combined powers send out flying rainbow Martinians that send out rays that dissipated the yellowish clouds. Then, Once-ler uses his growing power on the Martinians and they swell into giant llamas, taking on more and more of the cloud.

"EXCELLENT!" Lorax shouts over the commotion. He begins whispering what sounds to you like nonsense and then the view of Kansas begins zooming out and rotating like he was spinning the globe. The Martinians grow larger and larger and the cloud starts to fade. Soon, it is gone and you all collapse back on the Truffula tree in utter exhaustion. The tear fuses back together and you all fall asleep.

"(YN)? Are you awake?" Furbus gently jostles you into consciousness. Everyone else is already awake and watching you intently. "Thank you. We couldn't have done this without your help". You just smile back and look around to everyone else.

"I especially am so grateful, (YN). Without you, I would not have known love without you. I am indebted forever," Martine says.

"But I must thank you all! You saved my home... although I must say, Thneedville feels like my home now". Furbus's eyes lit up and a light blush crept on his face.

"Well, um, since I am done with my days in Italy, would you maybe want to stay?" Furbus asks quietly. You throw your arms around your long furby friend and hold him tightly.

"Of course! I don't think I could leave this place!" you say as you send little rainbows straight to Furbus's heart, which he received with a chuckle. Everyone watches you two amusedly as you hug. "Now that it's settled, should we go back to the cave?" Lorax suggests. You all stumble down the tree and make your way back to the cave. As usual, when you got too tired, Furbus carried you the rest of the way to the cave. When you arrive with your friends that have become your family, you realize that you have found home.