Chapter 1: Head in the Clouds (Literally)

Ash Ketchum, the 18-year-old Pokémon World Champion and Neo Aura Guardian, rechecked his backpack to make sure everything was in order. Inside were his old Kalos Pokédex, his Rotom Dex, a Z-Ring and two Z-Power Rings he had acquired in the Alola region as gifts for his friends (he had taken a plane from Galar to Alola just for these items), and a small spherical box painted to look like a Love Ball. He reclined on the bed in his first-class airline suite, his mind wandering. He looked over at his constant companion, Raichu. "I can't wait to see her in person again. Do you think she remembers me?"

"Chu, rai-rai-chu", said Raichu.

"Yeah, I miss her, too. She makes the best macarons"

"Raichu?"

"You're right. She's a great friend, and has been trying to bring our relationship to the next level since the second time we met. That's why I'm going to go through with this. I'm entirely sure she'll say "yes". I just hope I'm right." 

"Raichu-rai!"

"I miss Greninja, too. I'm sure he misses me as much as I miss him. We share an aura-bond, after all."

"We're approaching Lumiose City Airport."

"Wait, you can speak English and I never even knew? Oh, never mind, that was the Captain."

Ash zipped up his backpack, but not before transferring the Love Ball-shaped box to the lower-left inside pocket of his blue hoodie. He adjusted his baseball cap, sat up on the bed, put on his backpack, and grabbed Raichu to keep him from losing his balance as the plane descended. Immediately he began to feel light, and a bit dizzy. He looked out the window to readjust his head. He could see a kaleidoscope(yes, that's the official term) of Vivillion in the distance. A little farther behind, he could just barely make out a kaleidoscope of Butterfree. He thought he could see a yellow scarf on one of them, but decided it was probably wishful thinking. When the plane arrived at the arrival gate at Lumiose City Airport, he grabbed his suitcase and walked out of his airline suite, with Raichu sitting on his left shoulder.