||Hanako|| Hanahaki Disease Part 2

ok but why does Hanako look so good in that photo?

Time skip

It's been two weeks since I've last seen Hanako or been to school for that matter. I had to rest up after I had the surgery. I no longer love Hanako. I miss the feeling of my heart thumping when he looks at me, but maybe this is for the best.

I really was suffering. I didn't notice how horrible the pain was until now, when it's gone. I skip into the school, excited to see all my friends.

I walk into the bathroom, where my friends are. "Ohayou! I'm back!" I smile when I enter.

"(Y/n)! You're back!" Yashiro-senpai and Kou-kun automatically envelope me into a hug. I look up to see Hanako-kun. "Ohayou Hanako-kun!" I greet him.

I'm finally able to do what I wanted so desperately to do. His whole face opens into a large smile. "Welcome back!"

He looks lively right now, but obvious signs of fatigue litter his face. He's completely pale and dark bags lay below his eyes. Was he really that worried about my surgery?

I go up and hug him too. "Were you really that worried?" I tease. He says nothing in reply, causing me to be confused. I look up at him only to see his whole face in pain. I let go of him.

He runs to the sink. Deep coughs erupt from his throat. Blood and red roses spill into the sink. He has the disease?

"Hanako-kun! Are you alright?" Yashiro asks, patting his back. "Since when did you have this?!?" Kou asks with worry.

Hanako-kun continues to cough into the sink, showing no signs of stopping. I just stand there in shock. He must be in incredible pain. No one realises just how painful it is. Judging by his coughing, he probably has less than a few weeks.

His coughing fit ends and he turns away from the sink, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

He looks over at my stunned face and gives me a smile. "Hanako..." is all I manage to say. Who is it? Who do you love? I want to ask. My voice can't seem to get it out.

"I'm glad you're safe now (Y/n)!" he says happily. No wonder he wanted me to get the surgery so bad. He already knew the excruciating pain of it and didn't want me to feel it.

Looking at him reminds me of the pain I recently felt. I need to do what I can to help my friend.

"How long?" Yashiro asks. "A few weeks..." he answers, still looking at me. "I-it'll be okay Hanako..." I try to comfort him.

A few coughs force their way out of his mouth. "Hanako!" I lightly rub his chest. I found this to be the most helpful thing when I had it. His cough gets worse.

Hanako's POV

She's so worried about me! Happiness swells in my chest. Such a warm feeling. Her attention is now fully on me, not on Kou. Despite the coughing it brings, I can't help but feel so happy.

Her hand continues to rub my chest in such a comforting way. My coughs finally calm down. "I'm okay now guys..." I reassure my friends.

"Thank goodness." Yashiro says. "Why were you hiding this from us?" Kou asks. "I didn't want to worry you guys." I reply.

I can feel her gaze on me. She's looking at me. My wish has finally come true. Now that she no longer loves the kid, I might actually get a chance.

Ding dong ding dong

The first period warning bell sounds. "You guys should go to class." I inform them. I don't want (Y/n) leaving but I can feel another coughing fit coming up. "I'll be fine." I assure my worried friends.