Chapter 18 - The Date Night Part 2

I got on Ricki's Bar a little late, maybe 20 to 30 minutes late, and saw that Chris was sat there waiting for me, he had already ordered a beer for himself, well I told him not to get late and I myself got late so I don't blame him to order a beer for himself because he couldn't just sit around there. I was surprised a little to see that he waited for me. I went up to him and called him to get his attention.

When he saw me, he got mesmerized and stared at me. He smiled when I got closer.

"Hey Shelby! You look very beautiful, it's a nice outfit" He smiled at me.
I felt bad for making him wait for me " I'm really sorry Chris I was late, I was a little stuck with something so I couldn't get on time, I hope you're not angry with me and I appreciate that you waited for me" I smiled at him as well.

He got really happy when I said that, and was surprised, he didn't expect for me to talk to him like this.
I sat next to him and ordered a beer for myself.

"How many beers have you been drinking until I got here" I asked with a smirk.
He smirked back "Only two, I didn't wanna drink too much today because I was going to hang out with you".

I grew serious "Oh yes, sorry I forgot, we came here for work, so we will only talk about it".
Chris's smile fell "Shelby I didn't mean that, I am happy to talk with you about other things, in fact I want to talk to you about other things. I want to catch on with whatever happened between us while we weren't together, or not in contact with each other".

"Oh yeah I almost forgot but thank you for reminding me, so I want to know who that stalker is and why was he after me and how did you get rid of him, how did you get rid of the sex tape that was leaked on tv? Tell me everything, I want to know" I finished.
He got sad but nodded "No problem it's why we're here for".
I nodded again then my phone vibrated a little to tell me that I got a text message.
I smiled when I saw it, it was Matt's message " Babe I'm missing you a lot, can't you ditch your friend to come hang out with me? Please :(."

Chris noticed it but didn't say anything and nodded for me to text him back which I didn't even look at him to know his opinion, I just answered it.

"I'm really sorry Matt I know that you are missing me a lot, I'm missing you too but I can't come now I promise you I won't take too much time, and I will hang out you how much time you want 😘❤".

He immediately responded " Oh alright have fun just out of curiosity who's your friend anyway, and do I know him, I'm not suspecting you okay babe don't worry just curious ".

" Is he your boyfriend? " Chris asked.

I instantly texted him saying that I will tell him everything when I get home and he agrees.

I give a hard look at Chris " Yes it's my boyfriend he wanted to know what it's taking me so long as he is missing me a lot and wants to spend all his night with me, I told him that I won't take too much time and that I will come home early as possible"

I didn't miss the disappointment  and hurt expression on his face. It looked like somebody kicked his puppy or something but I didn't care or at least I tried to act like I didn't care.

"Right, well we don't want to keep him waiting. I will tell you everything. I will start from the beginning.

That night that we met first time. We met outside the party when I was talking on the phone with someone. That night I was a little drunk at that time but I could see that someone had also come outside with you, at first I thought that it was one of your friends so I didn't say anything, that person was hiding a little but still he looked like someone you knew. Then when we went inside he went inside as well, after I......uh....asked you to spend the night with me I was really drunk by that time but I still could see the same person watching you, I ignored him thinking that its some kind of weirdo or something, but then I noticed that wherever you were going he was going with you it seemed like he was keeping an eye on you. He had a hoodie on so I couldn't see his face clearly. On my bedroom he was there as well when we were on the elevator he was already inside and he left a hidden camera on my room to record everything that was happening between us. And the worst part it's that when we were having.......our moment he was there, he was watching us, watching you Shelby, and those cameras on the room didn't record anything but his hidden camera did. He wanted to ruin you, when you told me everything that happened, with the creepy stalker sending you messages, I quickly remembered him and I tried to ask around people on the party if they knew him that's when I saw the cameras on my room. I decided to watch it and see if it recorded something and it surprisingly did. It recorded everything. I was surprised to know about the guy and I tried to find something so that I could know who this person was, I was pretty damn sure that he's the stalker that sent you those messages. When I was about to call you to tell you everything that's when I got his message as well saying *Don't you dare * I was pretty shocked and I knew that now he was stalking me as well, he didn't know about the cameras in my room because he was in a hurry with recording everything and running away from there before anyone saw him. Then I contacted him, he didn't pick up, I sent a text saying that I want to make a deal with him, he asked what deal it was so I said that he needs to talk to the person that leaked the video to take it down and I will give him $ 100.000,00. He immediately called me and asked me about it as well as making sure that I was telling the truth, when I assured him I would give him this amount of the money he agreed instantly but I said that it needs to happen to so that people don't know about it, he also agreed and said that he will go away. I didn't quite believe that he would do that. I payed him the money after he did the work. I was surprised, that he backed out this early but until then you broke up with me and asked me to not speak to you again so I tried to do it, to keep you happy and I understood why you did it, you were absolutely right in doing it, because of me you almost lost everything, I almost ruined your life. So I'm sorry Shelby about everything that happened, for almost ruining your life, for doing what I shouldn't have done. I want you to know that I'm very sorry about it and that I never stopped caring about you. " he finished it with a very sad and desperate expression.

I tried everything within me to not cry also and asked " So did you ever find out who was that creepy stalker? And what did he want with me? ".

" His name was Aaron Smith, and he was just doing his job" Chris replied.

I got confused " What do you mean?".

"I mean that somebody hired him to stalk you, he was just trying to earn money".

I was shocked.

#########****************########****************#########***********
Who saw that coming huh? So Shelby's stalker was someone that another hired, it means the actual person has not been disclosed yet. Who do you think it is? Is it someone that Shelby knows or a stranger. Let me know in the comments and tell me what do you think about this story, how it's progressing,....********########*************#########********########