Delicate Roots

Fandom: Marvel

Ship: WandaVision

Logline:

After the events of Civil War, Wanda and Vision go off the grid, and find new hope in the form of a garden. 

[Based off of an Artvenger's prompt on the Marvel Amino, which consisted of randomly generated traits, occupations, and characters! Trait: Thoughtful / Occupation: Farmer / Character: Vision

═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══

Vision's eyes have been brighter lately, and Wanda would give anything to nourish the spark. She sits next to him in the garden, listens to his gentle lectures, and watches as he tends to each individual plant as if not one were more important. His spark is like a roaring fire to her. It warms her the closer she gets.

The world's seemed so dark, dismal, since the Accords were put in place. Since the Avengers were divided, since friends became enemies, since the pool of people that they could trust diminished to a puddle. It took so long to attain any scrap of permanence, and that's using the word loosely; an RV parked in the boonies of West Virginia is about as settled as Vision would allow.

That hasn't stopped him from planting some delicate roots.

"What about this one, Vis?" Wanda asks.

Vision glances to the plant in question, and his blonde eyebrows furrow. He reaches out to graze the wilting leaves, one of which falls into his palm. "Basil. I gave it too much water. The poor thing can hardly breathe." He holds the leaf up towards the sunlight spilling through the foliage—the sun has been our only visitor for months—and studies the back-lit veins.

"Life is...complex," Vision continues. "In many ways, the DNA in this single leaf seems more complicated than all of the neurons that make up my internal code. Plants know what they need, innately. I can't say for certain what I'm feeling most times." He lowers the leaf, and fixes his inquisitive gaze back on Wanda. "Yet for all of that complexity, they ask so little from this world. They simply hope that the sun will continue to rise, and the rain will continue to fall."

Wanda smiles, the kind of smile that starts in your core and works its way out. She cups his face in her hands and traces circles against his temples with her fingers. "And it will," she says. Her voice is quiet, as though anything louder than a whisper would send tremors through the ground.

Vision returns her smile. "And it will."

"