Prologue

"Have you come to kill me?" The woman holding the pale white wand up to Amos Diggory's throat snarled, her green eyes narrowing into slits.

"You will tell me about Cedric Diggory." Amos smiled, his eyes growing unfocused and foggy as he stared up at the daughter of Lord Voldemort.

"My boy. My beautiful boy." Delphini made a disgusted sound and pressed her wand to Amos' forehead.

"Imperius Latrevio." The sobbing silenced, and Amos stared up Delphini with ardor as she stowed her wand beneath her robes.

"My Lady, what can I do for you?" She smirked.

"Tell me about the death of Cedric Diggory." Amos smiled, his eyes were still unfocused as he started to talk.

"My son took part in the Triwizard Tournament. My beautiful boy. He was excellent, you know. He entered the maze—the third trial—and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named killed him." Delphini snarled in frustration.

"I know this already," Delphini began to pace in the manor room. "What I need to know is what happened to Diggory and Potter in that graveyard the night my father returned."

"You will not find your answers from that man, My Lady." Delphini narrowed her eyes at the green snake that was winding its way up the windowsill, sending Diggory into the realm of sleep.

"Tell me, snake." Delphini hissed, the words strangled and lilting—a forgotten language.

"The night my mother's Master returned, she was there in the graveyard beside him. Watching." Delphini tilted her head, studying the dark green snake.

"Nagini." The snake hissed in confirmation.

"She told my nest-mates and me the story many times. Would you like to hear it, Speaker?" Delphini lowered herself onto an old armchair; her eyes fixated on the snake who had curled up in the moonlight.

"Speak."

"The night the Heir returned, his servant conducted an old ritual of the darkest arts, one that tied all who participated together in ancient blood magic." Delphini hissed.

"The Master, the Servant, and the Enemy." The snake hissed, and Delphini realized it was laughing.

"Yes. The Servant was of no consequence, but the ritual tied together the Master and the Enemy. They became brothers. What one had, the other also possessed." Delphini growled, making the connection between what she wanted and what had happened to tie Harry Potter to her father.

"He is the next Heir?" The snake hissed again in conformation.

"Then, I must kill Harry Potter in order to obtain what I desire?"

"It is not that simple, My Lady. The Master's blood chooses the next Heir, though all can Speak the Tongue." Delphini stared at the snake in semi-confusion.

"What?" The snake laughed.

"You believe the Heir title passes from Eldest to Eldest? No, the Master's blood chooses the next worthy. My mother's Master was only worthy because he was the last of the Master's blood." Understanding crossed Delphini's face.

"One of Harry Potter's children could be chosen to be the next Heir."

"Yes." Delphini smiled, her features twisting to show her parentage.

"Then, the children will join me or die."

Authors Notes:

Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at a good story. Be kind. This story will have similarities to the Cursed Child, but will be different in many aspects. Also, if anyone is interested I will be including a riddle at the end of each chapter. The first person to get the answer right can send me the template for an OC. (Also, shame on you if you look up the answer.)

The Riddle:

If eleven plus two equals one, what does nine plus five equal?