37.

CLARA

It was unusual, different Monday morning and the memorial day was coming closer. I was scribbling on my journal words, feelings and things I wanted to let out. I was restless as usual my coffee and my pen were lying coldly on my table after a while. And now I was trying to meditate. Though this never happened before when I was trying to concentrate but it wasn't working. And reasons could be plenty here.

Grandma was busy making arrangements in the cemetery for my dad's memorial. And I stayed distant, not feeling like involve myself too much. Because I was still not ready or used to it.

This time my mum wasn't around to comfort me. I wasn't complaining but this was worse.

I couldn't help but worrying about Fin too. His condition last night was vulnerable and chilling. I paced back and forth then decided I should at least check on him. In this miserable situation I still had a voice in me saying if I call he will pick up as he couldn't sleep either. Which prickled my anxiety but I yet go for it.

I dialled the number Fin called me from. It was their residence contact number landline one. Nobody picked it up at first then I felt probably he was sleeping but then I called again just in case. This time the other side picked the call.

"Hello, Arthur's residence" Theo's tired voice said. He wasn't asleep at all.

"It's me." I said.

"Hey, um.. good morning.. how are you?" He stammered as usual.

"I just wanted to check on Fin, is he okay?" I blankly said, though I didn't want to sound this rude.

"Uh.. oh.. yea he's sleeping. I'll inform you when he will wake up." Theo was breathing heavily it was clear he was tired inside out. And probably hurt too. It gave me chills hearing him this way.

"Clara I'm sorry... Just listen to me." He whispered in shallow. I wanted to but I could get my courage and my strength together to take in the explanation he might have. After the video I wasn't ready for listening.

"Theo, I uh I gotta go. Take care of Fin." And I hung up. It was straight face rude but he need to understand too.

But my dilemma was hitting me hard, at some point I want to know everything and on the other hand I was hurt too. Although I knew this much that if we are going have this conversation of him explaining everything to me, it just can't happen on call. And I had no idea when I could able to face him again.

_________

THEO

She hung up. Didn't even give me a chance to at least explain about the video. This was driving me crazy even more. The frustration was at it's peak and the relaxation was lost. The wounds all over my body excruciatingly paining. I lied down quietly on the couch to at least give rest to my body. My mind was blowing up. I needed something, anything to stop thinking anymore.

The shut my eyes, tried to concentrate on how I'm going to get my phone back.

"Theo" soft drowsy voice came across the hall.

"Finny, you're up!" I instantly got up, it shot sharp pain in my nerves and I groaned. He walked in the living room and took his seat next to me.

"What HAS happened to you?" he was horror-struck looking at my appearance. He certainly couldn't believe those ripped off skin and purple blue bruises I had.

"It was uh–" I wasn't not going to lie to him, so I explained everything that happened through out the entire last day. All the rescuing to fighting in the ring. And Fin was horrified by every single incident. He was on the urge to cry that's when I took him in my embrace.