Goggles VS Lobelia

Chapter 19: Goggles VS Lobelia

(Warning: Stabs and hard punches, as well as bad scrapes)

Goggles stared up at the giant blue indigo orca, who made he rest up to the rooftop using a hole she'd made. He followed her, and saw that she was snickering to herself while looking around for a stable rooftop to jump on. Goggles knew he had to do something, and the knife alone wouldn't do it. He could maybe try and throw it at her fist or the crystal and flee, but that was risky. He was about to rush forward, but was halted by something.

"You can check your statistics, you know," a female voice told him.

So that was that weird voice Gloves had been talking about. He hadn't been paying attention before, but now he knew. He equipped his Nexus Laser Goggles and looked up at Lobelia. The stats showed that she had a somewhat high defense but a WAY higher attack stat. She was also somewhat slow, though she could still get places.

Off to the side, the lenses noted that one of her biggest weaknesses was herself. She was heavy, so if she fell from a high height, she'd be done for. Goggles figured that he could dart around her while she tried to punch him, and she'd wind up punching herself as a result. The only issue now was how to approach her. Vintage had mentioned using stealth before, so maybe he could try and shoot the crystal out of her hands?

He wouldn't be able to ink his way over there though, because that would make noise. Slowly, he got onto the roof, and carefully crept over. He watched for her tail, which was swishing back and forth rather quickly. A whack from that could mean game over. He got closer and closer, and he'd soon neared the crystal.

Now all he had to do was get it out of her humongous fist. But how? She was probably death-gripping that crystal...

Maybe I can throw the knife at her leg? Will that do anything? Or perhaps her fist...

Slowly, Goggles pulled out Flavo's knife and prepared to throw it. As he did however, Lobelia noticed the blade's glint from the sun setting, and quickly turned around. Goggles halted as the two made eye contact.

She saw him.

"Uh...meow?" Goggles smiled.

"IT'S YOU, YOU LITTLE PUNK!!" Lobelia roared.

Without warning, she slammed her fist down towards where Goggles was. Goggles just barely got out of the way, and immediately started turfing on the roof. Lobelia ran after him, though her running was actually slower than Goggles swimming in squid form. Goggles started turfing up for his special as he did this, putting the knife back away for later. He had a feeling he'd need it.
Lobelia kept launching punch after punch on him, not ready to give up. She tried to bite him with her teeth, but she couldn't get close enough. Goggles was too agile, and he kept swimming in circles around her. Goggles was popping in and out of his ink, covering Lobelia in ink as he circled around her. He was hoping he could use that to climb up her and get her to punch herself.

Lobelia growled at the tiny inkling, angry that he seemed to be having fun in this fight. She certainly wasn't having fun herself, and found it more and more annoying as her punches missed. She moved out of the ring of ink, but Goggles just followed her anyway. She was losing her patience, and if this kept going, she'd be ready to kill this loser in a second flat. Goggles eventually backed up from her and popped out of his ink, smiling. He'd inked her whole waist area.