The Mysterious Forest

Before we begin, I'd like to go over a few things.

(Y/N) = Your name

(H/C) = Hair Color

(E/C) = Eye Color

(H/L) = Hair Length

So on, so forth. 

Let's begin, shall we?

Today is your first day as an official reporter. Since it's your first day, they allowed you to make a report on your own topic. Already knowing the topic you want to report on, you call lunch with your close friends.

"Are you serious (Y/N)?! You do realize people will think you're crazy!" One of your friends, a girl named Katie, shouted. Her blonde ringlet curls bounced when she slammed her fists on the table.

"Katie, let the (man/woman) do what (he/she) wants." Your other friend, Devin, rolled his eyes, turning to face you. "We're bros, right?" He grinned while grabbing your hand. "I believe in you then, go knock yourself out."

"Thank you Devin, ...and Katie too, I suppose." You smile. Finishing your food, you collect your trash and stand up. "Well, thanks for coming out to lunch with me, I'm going to prepare for my first day." You grin confidently, walking off. Throwing away your trash before leaving.

"Stay safe (Y/N)! Also, don't forget to contact us, or I will hunt you down!" Katie called out with a pouty face, waving farewell.

"Good luck, bro! We look forward to hearing from you soon." Devin shouted, raking back his hair.

"Do you really think he'll get a good report on fairies? Like, come on! They are just myths." Katie whispered to Devin.

"Cut it out, Katie. (Y/N) has always surprised us one way or another. Besides, what's the harm in it?" Devin flicked Katie in the forehead. 

"(His/Her) Career..." Katie whispered her smart ass remark to herself.

"What was that, hmm?" Devin smirked, staring her down.

"It's nothing! I'm going home..." Katie pouted again. Throwing out her trash and walking away. 

"Have fun, Barbie!" Devin shouted at her and guffawed. 

Katie ignored him, walking off and going home. 

Later

You unlock the front door to your house and enter. Travelling wasn't always something you were thrilled by, but this situation was different. 

You pack your stuff and drive to the airport, where you would be transported to your destination. A mysterious forest that myths say to shelter fairies. 

Thanks for checking out this short introduction to the story! I am trying to get back into writing again so I might make a few new stories and work on them. No schedule, sorry.