Possessive tendencies (6)

I woke up at 2 in the afternoon, but I couldn't gather the energy to get up. I stared up at the ceiling, lost in thought.

Why was life so complicated?

I had no idea what to do.

I could protect my mom or help my dad.

Decisions...decisions...

Buzz

I looked over at my nightstand to see my phone going off.

I reached over and grabbed it, looking at the caller ID.

Darling Brother

It was Kol.

It answered.

"Hello, brother," I said in greeting.

"Little darling, I heard from our brothers that you returned to that death-trap of a town," Kol started off.

I sighed. "I know what you're going to say."

"And what is that, sister?" Kol asked.

"That I am an idiot, and I'm going to get myself killed again," I said.

"That about covers it, however, you also forgot crazy," Kol responded. "Of all the stupid things..."

He sighed. "I'm on my way to Mystic Falls."

"Kol, don't" I interrupted.

"Don't what, little darling?" He asked.

"Come to Mystic Falls," I said. "Right now, no one here knows you're alive and I'd prefer to keep it that way."

"Something happened, I could feel it, and I want to know what, right now," Kol demanded.

"I found my mom." I interrupted, in hopes of distracting him.

I wasn't quite ready to get into everything that happened yet.

There was silence on the other line.

"The mother who gave birth to you or the woman who stupidly gave you to the Gilberts?' He questioned.

"My birth mom died giving birth to me," I said.

"So the mother who gave you to the Gilberts...do you need me to kill her?" Kol inquired, seriously.

"What?! Why would I want that?" I asked in surprise.

Kol made a confused sound on the other line, "You seem upset, little sister. I had assumed that your mother was the cause of it." He replied.

"No," I denied. "Well, kind of? But it's not anything she did."

"Explain, little darling," Kol ordered.

"Well, it turns out she is my biological aunt and her twin brother is my father," I explained. "And my dad had been locked in a prison world for 18 years until now."

"Prison world?" Kol perked up. "I have heard of such a thing. And from my understanding, only the Gemini Coven knows how to create such a thing...why would your father be placed in one?"

"Yeah, turns out I'm from the Gemini Coven," I revealed.

"Mmm." Kol hummed.

"And I also learned that siphoners are only in the Gemini Coven because of a messed up cannibalism thing that twins in the coven do when they turned 22," I said.

"Merge...I heard of that but I know very little about it. Your original coven is very secretive...you say siphoners come from that coven?" Kol inquired.