Chapter 08

"Well, isn't that something?" Tsuchigomori pointed out, amusement shining in his eyes. The small fox, Yako, and Izumi both looked at the man.

"Isn't what something?" She asked, oblivious to what— better yet, who the supernatural is referring to.

"Just our Honorable No. 7," Tsuchigomori answered. "I didn't realize he was capable of making that expression."

"It kinda brings me back to the past," Izumi muttered under her breath, smiling unconsciously. The two toned supernatural glanced at her with a knowing look.

"...What?" Izumi looked at the dark haired supernatural, realizing that the three of them were staring at them.

"It's unexpected," Tsuchigomori replied. "I do know everything about you, after all. Your secrets and your future."

"By now, I'd assumed you won't be interested in making friends," he added. "But... well, that might be interesting."

"Your time is up, whippersnappers!" He immediately exclaimed, catching Kou and Nene in surprise.

"Wait, wait! Izumi-chan's still yet to tell us her secret!" Nene exclaimed, pointing at the orange haired girl.

"Yeah, Yeah!" Kou agreed. Izumi hummed, smiling at the two. Izumi looked away, her smile slightly faltering.

"Ah, well... let's see," Izumi started, not sure which secret to tell them. She turned at the two teens who seemed to be waiting for her to say something. Deciding to go with one, she sighed.

"I was bounded with someone years ago," she looked away. "Though, Nene already knew this."

"You failed to mention this to me," Tsuchigomori silently whispered to the girl. She looked at him and smiled sheepishly.

"About that, at the time, I didn't think it's that big of a deal. So, I didn't mention it to you," Izumi said, chuckling nervously. The teacher gave her a look, making the girl sigh.

Izumi watched as the teacher and the two teens conversed, feeling herself getting lost in the past. She shook her head. She needed to clear her mind, this was going to be very bothersome for the rest of the day.

She sighed, looking at the opened secret passage. He had decided to bring Nene to destroy his yorishiro.

———

The very next day, Izumi was bombarded by questions from the two teens. The two were asking her to tell them the story behind her secret.

"Alright, alright, I'll tell you," Izumi smiled at them, preparing herself for the effect later.

————

A certain orange haired girl was sleeping at the couch, seemingly uncomfortable.

"Oi, Izumi~!" A voice woke her up. Izumi's eyes opened, flinching as she looked in a pair of gray eyes.

"Oh, AAAAAA," she sighed in relief as she saw the familiar face of her friend. The girl backed away and smirked. Izumi sat up, facing her friend. "Do you need something?"

"Well," the black haired girl dragged on, fishing something in her pocket. As she pulled out what she was looking for in her pocket, Izumi watched in curiosity. "I'd like you to have this."

Izumi received a white round thing wrapped in a see through blue wrapper. She looked at her friend in confusion.

"What's this?" She asked. Her friend smiled at her.