Chapter Eleven: Lia

Dedicated to my awesome Tac Sister!!! :)

"Elijah, Lia I would like you two to meet....."

"Ouch!" I cried, as something pinched into my right arm. The pain kept getting worse, as my eyes began to drift, and I fell into a restful sleep.

**********************************************************************************************************************

When I wake up, I'm surrounded by three people. One is a lady about my mother's age, with an electric green wig, golden tattoos, purple eyeliner, and gold hoop earrings. I noticed that when she walked, she walked with a slight limp, and unlike most of the capitol women I've seen, she wore plain sneakers, more like boots really.

The man of the group was a little shorter than the first women, and also seemed younger. He had a buzz cut, that was a natural red-orange color, and a slight orange beard. He wore these ginormous green spectacles, that made him look like one of the miniature turtles that I've seen at the pond near our house.

Home. Just yesterday, I woke up expecting it would be like any other year; two random teenagers getting picked that I would most likely not even know. I would escape the games yet another year, and would wake up at the crack of dawn doing my normal routine of chores.

When I got a better picture of the lady, I could already tell that she would be my favorite of the group. She looked very normal for the most part, except for the bright neon pink skinny jeans she was wearing. She had long, bronze hair that had the perfect amount of waves. She looked around twenty, at the most and also wore deep mascara.

"Hello!" The energetic twenty-year old said. "My name is Sheyla...and I will be your stylist!

"Um Hello." I said. I still didn't fully trust this person; after all, she was a Capitol Resident.

She laughed." You don't trust me yet...do you?"

I shook my head.

She laughed. "Well, it's my job to make you feel comfortable...at least within the next couple days."

Sheyla paused for a moment. " I'm sorry about the whole needle thing that pinched into your arm a couple hours ago...my team and I needed to get you ready as soon as possible for the opening ceremony. We didn't want you to be awake and have you experience the painful hair removal..."

"Um it's ok." I interrupted. " It's a nice feeling knowing all the leg hair is gone."

She smiled. " Now that's the spirit!" She paused for a moment. " Oh! I would like you to meet you prep team, Winter and Trevor."

The girl, who was Winter, smiled and did a curtsy, which I'm guessing was a Capitol custom maybe?

Trevor just nodded and polished his glasses with his napkin.

" Isn't there usually a third person?" I asked curiously.

Sheyla nodded. " Yes, however your third member, Turquoise unfortunately got sick, so she is not eligible to be part of your prep team anymore. She wishes you the best of luck."

Hmmmm that's weird, I thought.

" Anyway." Sheyla continues. " Tonight as you know is the opening ceremony, a perfect start for you to get Sponsors. Both you and Elijah will be wearing the costumes that I have designed for you..."

" What is it?" I ask eagerly.

" Well, as you know the costume will have to do with your district...."

" Yes?"

" Close your eyes!" She quickly said.

I didn't hesitate and closed them. I could hear Sheyla's obnoxious high heels as she brought out the costume.