*Cuddles*

a/n This is around when Billy moved in, and yeah :) enjoy 😊
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Steve Harrington was a mess. Ever since he had fought alongside the kids and saved Hawkins, he had realised that he had feelings for boys. And he had to hide this as "No son of mine will be a fag." He hated his dad, and was so glad when he left. Oh and he was desperately in love with a boy, actually, to be specific Billy Hargrove. Steve loved everything about him, his hair, his eyes, his smile..... He blushed.
Dustin convinced him to go to the pool and take his other 'children' too.
Once they had arrived and gotten changed, Steve saw something he never thought he would. Billy...in a sweater?!? He looked pale and tired, the opposite of his usual complexion. Steve frowned and began to brainstorm.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Billy had felt so sick for the past few days, and heck, he crumbled today. Screw Dad, screw pride and screw everything, Billy thought as he layered up and hopped in his car.
He shivered, today would be awful.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Steve grew more and more concerned as he noticed Billy continually falling asleep on duty. His gut told him to run, to get the hell out of the pool and wake Billy up before he passed out and fell out of his lifeguard chair.
He bolted, faster than when he ran from the demogorgons, faster than ever before and shook Billy's shoulder.
"What the fuck, Harrington?!?" Billy whisper shouted, throat raw.
Steve felt a pang of pain for this weak, ill boy.
"Billy, go and swap shifts with whatshername, you're clearly sick."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~
Billy didn't even have the strength to protest as he let Steve lead him past Heather and co. He heard mumbling, god his head hurt, his stomach hurt, everything hurt so much...
He hardly noticed Harrington lay him down on a hastily made bed of towels in the back room. Then he snapped fully awake, and realised where he was.
"THE FUCK" He tried to say.
it came out as
"tHe fuCk?" He blushed, fuck voice cracks. He seemed to have them more around Steve. He hated himself for them.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
Steve rolled his eyes playfully and turned to face the other male.
"What's this about then, Billy?"
He asked, actually concerned for this usually charismatic young man.
Steve was more shocked as Billy paled and began to cry.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~
At that moment, Billy hated himself so much. He was so weak, no wonder he was a stupid, good for nothing gay. His dad hated him, his mum hated him, no one loved him. He was pathetic.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Steve felt his heart crush, this poor boy had no outlet for his emotions, no warm arms to hold him... He just held Billy as he sobbed quietly, the facade of hate and competition melting away as the two boys held each other in the Hawkins pool back room.
After a while, Billy began to breathe properly and calmed down.
He looked up at Steve, a picture of vulnerability and pain.
"Do you want anything?" Steve smiled sympathetically.
"h..hold me?" Billy said in an almost child like voice, wobbly and full of fear of being let down, being hurt.
Steve could've cried, what had this boy been through?
He picked up the other boy and sat him down on his lap. Steve put his arms around Billy and lifted his chin to face him.
"Baby, listen. I know you're upset but can we talk? What's wrong? Are you sick?"
Billy just nodded, not even bothered by being called baby, he wanted it, he wanted to be loved.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Billy felt so alone and scared when Steve left him by himself to buy some medicine, heat patches and fluffy blankets. He was actually excited to sleep at Steve's, so his douchebag dad couldn't hurt him at least for one night...
He tried to occupy himself from the pain and nausea in his stomach. God, he just wanted to not feel this anymore. But his body didn't want that, not in the slightest. Oh no.
And then Billy lost all his dignity, control and pride as he threw up into the back room gutter. He sobbed. Why him? Why now..? Then the work went dark and he passed out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Steve's gut told him that he shouldn't have left Billy, but he needed medicine and a cosy bed to sleep in. He loved this side of Billy, of course he loved the friendly competition, but caring for a soft lil Billy just made Steve feel...special?
He hurried, something bad must've happened, his gut felt so weird.

When Steve got back to the pool, he saw his kids, all pissed off at the poolside.
"I thought you were buying food! Its LunCh tImE dAd!" Dustin rambled. Steve handed him 20 bucks and mumbled about buying him and the others a snack from the poolside snackbar. He had to get to Billy, and fast.
He felt a whole new level of sorrow when he saw Billy. He was passed out in his own puke, shivering and sweating at the same time.
"Billy? Billy? Wake up!"
He shook the latter awake, and Billy just started crying again. Steve knew he wasn't staying just the night, he had fallen for Hargrove harder than he thought was humanly possible. But for that moment, he held his baby boy tight and whispered sweet nothings as Billy cried.