babysitter

a/n so this is just some time when he first moved in, im writing all this before in the series he became the host/ died.🥺
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Billy was tired. Like, really, really tired. And sore from being his dad's punching bag.
And he had a huge headache and wanted to sleep. But here he was, in the back of a math class with girls shooting him those kind of looks. Sure, he was bi but it didn't mean he liked boys and girls equally. There was something about boys that he felt made them more special.Billy began to spiral into a deep thought circle and....then felt himself slipping...into...a....sleeeep.....
And he was out like a light.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
'Hmmm' Steve thought. He and Billy were partners in math, and his partner... just fell asleep. But as Steve studied the sleeping boy's body, he saw bruises and cuts, hastily covered with foundation all over his chest and torso.
'How strange'  He thought.
Curious, he gently brushed back Billy's curls and saw his busted lip and bruised nose. He remembered Billy laughing it off in school, saying he had a fight with some other guy....or something. But Steve knew that something else must have been going on...his gut told him so. But for that moment  he took notes and combed his fingers through the other boy's luscious, thick curls.

After a while, he decided that Billy needed to wake up as the teacher was handing out textbooks. Again. Ugh.
"Billy? Um, hi. Morning!" He whispered, full of zest (and coffee). Maybe he had a wrong impression on badass, bad boy to the core, Billy Hargrove.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Billy just sighed. He wanted sleep, he got it. He should man up, he's not a baby. He doesn't need sleep. He brushed away Harrington's hand groggily.
"l..leave me a...alone" He grumbled.
He put his head up and glared at Steve, who just smiled.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Steve felt a shit eating grim crawl across his face, and for once Billy looked at him with an expression he had never seen before, was it exhaustion? Was it a look that said, 'I'm in pain and i don't know what to do..?' Steve's heart melted none the less.
He just gently helped Billy through the work, answering his questions in a soft, you'll get it next time voice.
'Is he...Blushing?' Steve thought, eyes wide. But after what felt like 5 minutes, the bell rang for lunch.
"Um...Are you okay? Do you want anything else?" Steve asked the other boy quietly.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Billy thought for a second, then was about to respond but then his head felt as if it was splitting. He wanted to scream.He wanted to cry. But he did neither as he practically collapsed into Steve's arms.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Oh shit. He thought. Steve carried the smaller boy through the halls and to the office.
He negotiated with the office women and eventually came to the agreement that he would take Billy home and come back to school. Steve scoffed when he turned away from them, he had no intention of going back. He laid Billy down in the passenger seat and drove to his home.
'Mum and dad are away like always, who cares if i have a boy round' He smirked in his head and pulled up outside his massive home.
"Billy? Billy? Hey bud, um, you're at my house and...yeah" Steve scratched his neck as the other male exit the car and stagger to his side.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Billy laid his head on Steve, not intentionally, but as he thought he was in bed.
Obviously not, as he felt someone shake his shoulder lightly.
He was in someone else's home. He blushed as he remembered all that had happened. Well, most of everything that happened. He saw Steve making two cups of coffee and getting some paracetamol out of the cupboard.
"Here, this is for you."
Billy, now fully awake after drinking the coffee, turned and faced his rescuer.
"Hey, Harrington. Um... Question. Why do you c..care?"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Steve had no hesitation.
"Well, because someone had to tell you that shade of foundation was wrong, someone had to wipe it all off and patch you up, someone had to make sure you didn't pass out in the hall, onto the cold floor..." He could've listed more, but he saw...tears? Tears welling up in tough man Billy Hargrove's eyes.
"T..thanks" He said.

Steve had no problem with the trouble he got into the next day, as he had an amazing night, getting to know Billy, the real Billy. They laughed, Billy cried, they kissed, they realised and kissed some more.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Billy thought to himself,
'I guess being tired isn't so bad' as he let Steve lightly kiss his forehead and tuck him into bed.

a/n yes next its Steve's go uwu