- III -

Norman didn't even bother listening to what Captain Perry was talking about, or the fuming Lieutenant Blake leaning against a wall nearby. He could gather it was about Ethan's escape and had a brief thought that he should pay attention for the sake of his job, but couldn't focus. The only thought that could even be thought towards the subject was the man who was wrongly accused. Worry welled up inside his gut, making him feel sick. A hateful gaze was shot towards Blake for a second, grimacing at the memory of the man pointing a gun at him because the agent had a sense of morals. He could almost feel the waves of anger from the lieutenant, a harsh feeling. If it was obvious that he wasn't listening, neither man did anything of it. The meeting dispersed, seeming to be without any reprimanding for Blake attempting to beat Ethan into a false confession or for Norman breaking the man out. He had other things to do, thankfully none involving the lieutenant. He had a lead to check out, he had to focus. Thinking about Ethan wouldn't help anything right now, especially if things got bad with this lead. 

The damn rain. He started the window wipers to clear the raindrops, waiting for the view to be clear before starting his drive. His hands had a small tremor for a second but he just clenched his fists tightly. Triptocaine was making this investigation more difficult than it already was. The windows were clear now, and he started his drive. A junkyard was his next location, the address burnt in the front of his mind. Thankfully the drive kept him from thinking about Ethan again, or even thinking about anything else. He had questions that needed answers, and hopefully "Mad Jack" would have them. 

Though he couldn't help but wonder what Ethan was doing right now. Was he laying low or was he out doing something? Probably the latter, the man was desperate to get his son back. Maybe the woman he was with at that abandoned building could help him. The man wasn't stupid, he could hide in plain sight. With the rain, it was normal for people to have a hood up...

Norman shook his head, flicking the turn signal. He needed to focus. He couldn't help Ethan directly, but he could help indirectly. Getting information, following leads, finding the Origami Killer...getting the true identity would greatly help. Still it felt like going in circles, getting off the circular track before getting onto a new one.