0

junmyeon sat alone by the shore. he was staring into the endlessness of the sea right in front of him— getting lost in his thoughts that it almost seemed like a permanent part of his daily routine for the past 16 months ever since he woke up from his year long coma.

the sound of crashing waves somehow comforted him just like how he always felt peaceful by the presence of the sea. he found it therapeutic for himself— to distract his busy mind that is full questions, yet no one had the answers to.

junmyeon felt desperate. desperate to fill the gap in his soul of the memories he had lost. he was not satisfied with the answers his family gave him because his heart kept persisting that there was something incomplete. yet how could he know what it was? he barely had memories of his life before all of this.

standing up from his sitting position, he dusted of the sand on his pants that managed to stick to him and picked up his shoes that was placed by his side before continuing to walk towards his family home.

his house was in sight when he suddenly stopped in his tracks and fell to his knees, his hands reaching out to the sand to support his weight.

junmyeon finally broke down.

streams of tears ran down from his eyes. his chest heaved up and down bearing the heaviness of his overwhelming emotions he did not know he have.

junmyeon lost track of time setting all his emotions free as the previously colorful sky that accompanied the sunset, turned into a deep blue shade.

he slumped his back towards the sand. staring at the the endless sky that was adorned with the brightness of the moon and the multiple stars that seemed to be shining so bright unlike any other nights.

————————

"you shine like the stars."

"junmyeon, i swear if you do your cheesy lines again i'm gonna push you into the sea." jisoo said and playfully pushed junmyeon towards the sea but not strong enough to actually make him fall.

they were taking a walk by the sea as they were on a vacation in jeju island.

"okay, fine! i'm gonna stop." junmyeon said and put his left arm around jisoo's shoulders, his face adorning a big grin which accentuated his round cheeks which jisoo squished.

"you light up my heart." junmyeon being junmyeon, he still continued with his cheesy line.

as jisoo was an outgoing girl and kept her promise to push junmyeon into the sea if he continued, but of course— she never get used to junmyeon always pulling her along resulting to the both of them getting soaked by the cold sea water.

alas, jisoo did not mind junmyeon pulling her along as they were the happiest they have ever been. and seeing junmyeon's face adorned with his beautiful laugh was all that mattered to jisoo. no matter situation they were in. she would always prioritize him before herself.

————————

junmyeon did not realized he was screaming so rashly until he opened his eyes and saw baekhyun shaking his shoulders.

"hyung! hyung!" baekhyun repeatedly chanted trying to bring him back in to consciousness.

once junmyeon realized that he was back to reality he clutched the sides of his head, a throbbing pain surrounding it.

what the hell have he just saw?