Chapter 2

(Rin pov)

The locks broke...

The silence was the only thing present until I heard the wood creak and steps coming towards me. "Rin, why?" He asks sternly once again and I continued to try to get further into the corner of my room if that was even possible. I soon felt a hand grip the back of my hood and I was lifted up I kept looking down as I cried in fear until I looked up and my breath hitched as I saw his angry eyes. He stared into my blue glossy terrified eyes until his breath hitched as well and he dropped me. "Rin are you... Are you scared of me?" He asked looking sad and I quickly scrambled to my corner once again and keeping my eyes on him so I knew what was happening. He ran out of the door and left it open. I let my breath out that I didn't know I had been holding and I cried in my knees and I stayed like that for a few hours before finally closing the door and getting ready for bed. There was no point in dinne- The moment I went to go into bed Ukobach came in with some toast. I smiled a little nervously and thanked him before he sat upon the bed with me. I guess he wanted to make sure I ate it, he also brought something to eat for Kuro and he ate along with me. They both know of my new found fear. My fear of Yukio, what he did when I went to get him back from the Illuminati was the last straw and struck fear into me, even before it I was always slightly scared that he would do something and it scared me when he yelled and aimed a gun at me. But now it's a real fear that I can't get over. I'm absolutely petrified of him. I eventually finished food and gave the plate back to Ukobach and he nodded after I thanked him, he also took Kuro's plate and went out of my room and I went to sleep but Kuro and I had a little conversation beforehand.

"Rin? Are you alright?" Kuro asked and I stayed silent for a few minutes before I answered his question. "I don't know, I'm just scared of being in my own home Kuro, I'm scared of my brother, my brother! The person that's meant to be my best friend." I tell him as tears roll down my cheeks, I sniffed as Kuro came up to my bed and snuggled in between my arms. "Don't worry Rin! I'll keep you safe! I won't let that Yukio hurt you!" He says enthusiastically and I smile sadly at his attitude, "thank you Kuro." I say before drifting off to sleep with wet cheeks. And a never knowing that my brother was standing right outside listening,

(Yukio pov)

'I don't understand how is he scared of me. I haven't done anything. I've only ever tried to protect him, is he scared of me protecting him because that's just stupid. I've aimed a gun at him because he was doing something that could end up hurting him and lots of other people in the end so I saved him from that. He should be thankful! Not scared! He's so ungrateful!' I walk back to my room with a scowl on my face and anger rising in me. "Ungrateful bastard," I mutter as I close the door to my bedroom and I climb into bed and slip into sleep.

The next day

(Third person view)

Yukio started making his way out of the classroom for exorcist class and saw Shura waiting outside. Yukio sighed knowing Shura is here for a reason he was not going to like. "What are you doing here?" Yukio asks pinching the bridge of his nose already getting annoyed. "Well, I heard a little gossip from the clown himself, apparently Rin has a newfound fear," Shura says looking at Yukio and pushing herself off the wall. "So what's this about Rin being scared of you, his own brother?" She asks and Yukio's headache starts to form from the mention of his brother and Shura taking. He rubbed his temples and groaned. "I don't know he's just scared of me protecting him. Ever since we got back he's been scared. He scared of someone protecting him, pathetic really if you ask me." Yukio tells her and Shura's jaw drops. "I would say the same but you said you think so you don't even know why and you're calling him pathetic and your way of 'protecting' isn't really protecting if you ask me," Shura tells him and Yukio looks at her annoyed. "Why should I ask him he's the one afraid of me protecting him. Plus he's a demon." Yukio says like it didn't matter but he had venom in his voice in the last sentence. Shura looked disgusted. "One, that's just rude if you were scared of something Shiro would always ask what it was and why so that's just rude. Two, he's also human! You treat your brother like dirt, it's disgraceful! He's still part human!" Shura says and huffs before walking off. Yukio looks at her flabbergasted before rolling his eyes and walking off annoyed but like nothing happened.