Chapter 99: Becoming Part Of The Jedi Council

As soon as the droids took us to the command room of the ship, we saw Grievous standing just feet away from us. He let out a sinister laugh. "Oh yes. General Kenobi, the Negotiator, and Storm Ca'ana, the Slayer of Stars. We've been waiting for you. That wasn't much of a rescue."

"Just wait and you'll see." I retorted.  

Grievous narrowed his eyes at me. "This time you will not escape. Your padawan is not here this time to save you and neither are those batch of clones."

One of the battle droids gave Grievous our lightsabers, which he quickly snatched up. He then glanced over at Jinx and Anakin, letting out a cough. "Ah yes, if isn't Storm's sister, Jinx Ca'ana. And Anakin Skywalker...I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little older."

"General Grievous, you're shorter than I expected." Anakin shot back.

"Jedi scum!" Grievous spat before turning away from us.

"We have a job to do, Anakin. Try not to upset him." Obi-Wan advised.

"Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection." Grievous informed us.

"Not this time, Grievous." I retorted.

"And this time you won't escape." Obi-Wan warned.

"R2." Anakin said.

R2 quickly extended out all his arms, shooting out electrical pulses. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jinx, and I used the Force, grabbing our lightsabers from Grievous. Once we had our lightsabers, we cut the stun-cuffs off of our wrists.

"Crush them! Make them suffer!" Grievous exclaimed.

Several Magna-guards rushed towards us. Anakin, Jinx, Obi-Wan, and I swung our lightsabers, fighting off the Magna-guards. I dodged the electrostaff of the Magna-guard I was fighting, missing the electric sting of the weapon by centimeters. I whipped around, slicing the arm holding the electrostaff. I then swung again, decapitating the droid. Once all the Magna-guards, were taken care of, we destroyed all the battle droids in charge of the controls in the room. We then cornered Grievous, who was clutching an electrostaff in one of his hands.

"You lose, General Kenobi, General Ca'ana." Grievous said.

At that moment, Grievous threw his electrostaff at the window, causing it to break. He then flew out into space, while the rest of us held onto the controls for dear life. Fortunately, there was an emergency door that closed the window. Jinx then glanced over at one of the screens. "All the escape pods have been launched."

"Grievous..." I stated.

"Can you fly a cruiser like this?" Obi-Wan asked, turning to face Anakin and me.

Anakin then sat in the pilot's chair, while I sat down in the co-pilot's seat. Palpatine, Jinx, and Obi-Wan sat behind us alongside R2 as the ship violently shook.

"Under the circumstances, I'd say the ability to pilot this thing is irrelevant." Anakin replied.

"If I were you, I would strap yourselves in. This is going to be anything but smooth." I warned.

Once everyone was strapped in, Anakin and I began to play around the controls, trying to familiarize ourselves with the ship's controls. As we hastily moved things around, Anakin spoke up. "Open all hatches, extend all flaps, and drag fins."

I nodded. "You got it."

As I opened all the hatches, extended the flaps and drag fins, a huge chunk of the ship broke off from us. We all exchanged looks of horror. R2 let out several beeps, sounding very worried. I grimaced. "We might've lost something..."