The Beginning Of The End

A month had flown by since Yo started his degree and he had already made quite the name for himself. His teachers were all impressed with his assignments, especially since he handed them in early, and were excited to have him in the class. Pha was also busy with being the CEO of his own company but the 2 boys managed to carve out some time for just the two of them every week, even if it was only an hour or 2. Despite their busy workloads Pha still had time to organise a small wedding for Yo and himself, mostly using Yo's mother to help. He had told Yo 2 weeks ago that in just under a month they would become husband and husband.

Yo was so excited and could barely stop smiling as he was soon to become Mr Kongthainin. Despite being richer, and having a more successful name, Yo had always planned on taking Pha's last name if they were to get married. It had been that way since they first started dating. As the weeks passed by it was now the day of Yo and Pha's small wedding. With the help of Yo's mother Pha had organised a small backyard wedding with only about 30 guests, mostly family members. It was a lovely sunny afternoon and the ceremony was rather beautiful. It was a short but sweet service but before long the monk then announced them as husband and husband and that they could kiss their spouse.

Since neither one could take any time off now the newly wedded couple had to postpone their honeymoon to a later date, which they didn't mind as they had already done the most important thing. That didn't stop Pha taking his new husband to a nice hotel for the night and making their wedding night memorable. Once Monday rolled around the pair were back at it, one with his schoolwork while the other with running his company. This was how the happy couple lived their lives. Over the next few months, the newlyweds navigated life as one unit and whenever there was an issue would make sure they never went to bed angry.

As time went on the 2 young men had just celebrated their 1-year anniversary just under 2 months ago. So far Pha hadn't really brought up the issue with children with Yo. He would often talk about what their future kids would be like, or how many he would love to have but he never actually discussed going any further with this topic as he wanted to give Yo time getting used to school and being a married man. Yo knew how important kids were to Pha, especially since he spent a lot of time talking about all the little things related to them. He knew one day they would have a serious discussion and start to plan their next move he just didn't expect it so soon.

Late one Saturday afternoon, while the seemingly happy couple were lounging around on the bed, Pha decided to broach the topic of them starting a family. Yo was comfortably sitting in Pha's lap as he was scrolling through his phone when his husband spoke up "Hey baby. You know how we've always talked about having a family one day?" Yo let out a mmmm, like he was agreeing with Pha, "Yes. What about it?" Pha took Yo's phone out of his hands and turned the boy to face him. "I think it's time we started looking into having our own children don't you think?"

Yo was surprised by Pha's question, thinking they had a couple more years before his husband serious brought up this discussion. Yo didn't know how to respond to his husband as he felt he wasn't ready to be a father just yet but knew this was important to him. After a few minutes of awkward silence Yo finally spoke out "I know you really want kids Pha, I do to, but don't you think it's a little too early to start on that now. I mean you have been so swamped with work that you barely come home before 8 pm lately and I'm in my second year of university. Maybe we should wait just a couple more years before we start looking into creating our own family?"

Pha could see where Yo was going with this but honestly, he had never felt more ready than he did now. He also didn't want to be like his parents and wait too long to have kids, not that his parents had a say in the matter. "I understand what you're saying, but you know how important this is to me. My parents were well into their 40's when I came along, and I don't want us to do the same." Yo sighed "I'm not saying we have to wait till then. I'm just suggesting we hold off for a couple of years until we're in a more stable environment."

"How are we going to be any more stable in the future than we are now? I'm the CEO of a massive company and even if that fails we have more than enough money in our banks to keep us in luxury the rest of our lives." Yo could see this was going nowhere so he decided to just take a break "Look Pha in all honesty I'm not ready to be a father just yet and neither are you. With your work load and my classes we would barely get to bond with our child unless one of cuts down on their life and we both know you won't so I'd have to take some time off school or try and be an external student. How is that fair to me when I've spent my whole life dreaming of becoming a research scientist."

Pha was getting a little furious that his husband wasn't even considering it right now and stormed out of the room without glancing at Yo. For the first time in their life Pha slept in another room and barely spoke a world to Yo all evening. This was the first time they went to bed and had not diffused the situation. By morning Pha was still a little upset with Yo but he couldn't sleep all night, so he decided to be the bigger man and apologise to Yo. They were currently having breakfast when Pha spoke "Look I'm sorry I stormed off last night. I was just a little frustrated because I thought by now, I'd have a little child in my arms, one my parents could proudly call their grandchild." This got to Yo's heart and he teared up a little as he moved closer to his husband.

"I love you Pha and I always will. You will get your family one day, one that would make your parents proud but like I said we've got time so let's not rush into anything ok?" Yo let out a sigh of relief as Pha seemed to accept his response and move on. However, Pha was far from happy but he loved Yo so much that he thought waiting a little bit longer couldn't hurt.