Chapter 23: Idiots

"I'm surprised you could hold your own against all of those Nomu's, Y/n. You just keep surprising me."

I smile at Manual's comment as I flick my wrist, smiling down at the katana I had just swung, "Thanks and you shouldn't underestimate me, sir."

He chuckled as he waved his hands, "Ah, please don't call me that! It makes me feel old! Also, I've been meaning to ask...where did you get that katana?"

My gaze moves from the prohero to the weapon in my hand and let the lies roll off my tongue, "After I saved another prohero I asked if I could use one of their weapons and they let me borrow this."

"I see," Manual nodded at me, "Thank you, by the way, for listening to me instead of running off like Iida."

I smiled at him, "Yeah." My eyes widened after I stood there with a dumb look on my face, "IIDA!" My legs push me toward the alleyway I had watched Iida enter only to find him, Todo, Izuku, and other proheroes surrounding a beat up Stain. I push down the urge to heal the familiar villain as I walked past his body to hit Iida on the head.

"Ah! Y/n! He's injured!"

I huff at Izuku's excuse as I cross my arms, "Yeah? And? He's stupid for rushing into battle with someone way stronger, not to mention with more experience, by himself." I hit his head again causing him to hold his head in pain, "If you're going to do something reckless like that then at least ask someone else for help you clueless idiot!"

Manual, who had just arrived fast enough to see me hurting Iida, put his hands out as he tried to stop my attacks, "Y/n! It's not good to hit him with those injuries! You can lecture him la-"

The deadly glare I gave him cut him off as he, along with many others around us, shivered after hearing the venom and danger in my voice, "You wanna be next, Manual?"

"N-No mam!"

I sighed before looking at Iida, observing his injuries, and then proceeding to hit him in the head one last time, "Dumbass."

"Lang-" The blue haired boy didn't dare finish his sentence as I gave him a threatening look, "Ahem, Nevermind sorry."

I turn away and walk a bit away from the group before moving my arms upwards to stretch, "Jeez, today is not my day. Huh?" I look down in confusion as my feet lift up from the ground as I feel something sharp grab my arms, "HUH?!"

Everyone calls out my name and before I could try to escape the creature stopped moving and I was caught midair as my savior carried me bridal style.

"He's not saving her! He's trying to get a hostage!"

My eyebrows furrow as I look up to the person who was holding me only to see one of my villain friends, "Stain..."

He sent me a small smile before he put me down and made one last attempt to fight, trying to kill Endeavor and I honestly don't blame him. The sudden stop of movement from his body startled everyone as he froze before falling over.

I hold myself back from running up and healing him and choose to distract myself by going to check on my classmates but I couldn't help but sneak one last glance at the man as he was being taken away.

My gaze shift to look back to the others but it stops when I lock eyes with a certain wannabe father. I glare at him, knowing everything he's done and everything he'll probably do in the future, and he returns the glare. My eyes holding hatred and disgust while his hold annoyance and suspicion.

*

After the three boys were hospitalized they all left after they were healed one by one. Iida stopped his internship and went to his mothers house to heal a little bit more and Todoroki went back to his internship for some sadistic reason. Izuku however stayed longer than the two boys because, as always, his injuries were worse and wasn't fully healed while I went back to doing the internship with Manual.