The Revenge.

No one said anything for a while.

Not even when Abhay came back who took one look at our face and knew what had happened.

Siddharth motioned them both to follow him and the three of them left. They were allowing Misha the space to be week, something her wolf wouldn't allow her in front of jay.

I hugged her close as she broke down, but there wasn't just grief in her, there was anger. Anger that would soon burn thousands. Kartik would join her in burning the world.

I wanted to talk to her about it, but it was too soon, but too late and the wounds would fester.

It's time to leave. Siddharth said in my head two hours later and I nudged Misha awake. She was bleeding. I found a few pads in the medicine cabinet and handed them to her.

"How far are we?" I asked as abhay re entered the room.

"Not far from Mumbai." He said. "We have already informed the authorities and the local pack. They will provide the accommodation for Misha and jay. Kartik and haseena are on their way."

"What about our father?" Misha asked coming out of the bathroom.

"The three of us are will transport him to Dehradun." He said. "You can deal with him there if you want to."

"you can deal with him" misha said dismissively and we all looked at her in surprise. "he might have not known i was pregnant, no matter what i can not forget he left me and pia out of the torture, and he is our father at the end of the day."

"alpha" jay said formally and i understood the need, he was speaking as a council, not a friend, what was about to be said needed caution. "had it been a few months ago, your decision would have been right, but now you are leading a pack, a pack that depends upon you for justice and protection, a crime done un knowingly doesn't make it any less heinous, not to forget killing of an unborn pup, that to an alpha's dpup-"

"i know his crimes" misha snapped and jay bowed deeper, this was the pack power dynamics in action. "they were committed against me."

"misha" siddharth yelled and it felt like bucket of cold water, i was staring at her, willing her to look at me, challanging her for the place that could easily be mine. misha must have realised it too because she took a deep breath and sat down. i followed her example and sat down beside her, she automatically leaned her head on my shoulder. "you are right." she said and jay understood what she meant. "before we deal with him, how did he survive, i thought you guys snapped his neck."

that stilled every one of us. i exchaged looks with the brothers and siddharth cursed, abhay rushed out and he stayed to gaurd us.

"what's going on?" jay asked standing up.

"he was drinking vampire blood before you killed him."

"but we would have smelled him today," jay argued but realised the point soon. "not with the wolves bane in our system."

"And that day you were in a vampires house, you were already overwhelmed by the smell."

"he knew i was pregnant." misha said shocked. "he could hear my baby."

"He's gone." Abhay said. "He destroyed the life boats."

I exchanged looks with the brothers, Misha needed a doctor, they looked equally helpless.

"Call kartik." I told jay. And he left the room, he came back 15 minutes later with three cellphones. he left the two for us and took one with him.

"we can't provide medication." siddharth said. "but we can bring the bane out of her system."

"how?" i asked.

"jay?" siddharth called out. "how does the bane leave the body?"

"sweat and piss, why?" he shouted back. he rushed back immediately. "it will take them two hours, they are flying. haseena knows someone with a helicopter. "

the brothers exchanged looks and nodded to each other before disappearing. siddharth came back five minutes later with an armful of cloths. he worked the fastest i had seen him move, he layed down a couple layers. he delicately put misha on the other bed and bundled her up with another few layers. abhay came back with a heater and turned it up to the highest setting before plugging it in and disappearing again. Siddharth ransacked the room and found a couple of iv bags, he gently pulled out misha's arm and put it in. abhay came back with around ten bottles of water in his arms and two small boxes. he began opening the bottles and pouring in what turned out to be salt and sugar from the boxes. he began tossing them to us with a short "shake" command.

once all the bottles were done, jay was given the duty to make sure she was drinking it.

"i can't handle the heat." abhay said and it was then i noticed how red the three of us were. "it is burning through my meal." jay managed to look disgusted and grateful at the same time as his alpha was healing, he had the look of wonder in his face.

the three of us left the room and i immediately threw my arms around them both. "thank you." was all i could say.

misha herself came out of the room a mere half an hour later looking way better. she allowed me to hug her and thanked the brothers.

"the werewolf community will forever be grateful." jay said. he was relieved, but just like i had lost the perky happy misha to this war, i had lost the joking and light hearted jay too. as if knowing what was going through my head, he gave me a sad smile.

we will get them back. siddharth's voice said in my head. once this war is over, they will laugh and joke like before, he elaborated i promise.

At that moment, looking at his soft smile as he looked at misha, remembering everything he had done for my sister that day, and indirectly for me, i knew who i wanted to spend the eternity with.