Introduction

I walked into the store,I really needed bandages. I cut myself when I was hunting in the woods. I hope the take dead bunnies. They would right? It's food surely they will trade for it,right? Food has been scarce lately. so many people have died ever since food has gone low. your probably are thinking were did I get food? I got food from the woods. I'm not supposed to be in the woods. There's a big electrical gate in front of it, luckily, we only get like 2 hours of electricity. I go in the woods with Gale. Gale is my friend he's my only friend anyways. Most people think Gale is my cousin but he's not. When I walked in the trading area there way a lot of booths. I went to Marta's booth. She is the only one that trades bandages. I hear someone call my name "Kattniss!!!" I turn around and I see Prim my younger sister. "Prim shouldn't you be at home?" I said. " Yeah but I needed some stuff.". "Really,what is this stuff that you need?" I said. Prim said that she needs clothes. "what do you have to trade?" She holds out some coal. "Really,you can't even get plastic with that, here let me trade for you." I said. she smiles and hugs me.
~~~~~~time lapse~~~~~~
"Prim your going to be fine! They only put your name in there once." I said. she is sobbing on my shoulder "I-it's going to b-be m-me." This year Prim turned 12 the age you need to be for the Hunger Games...... Today's the reaping on the Hunger games. In the hunger games you need to fight for your life and there's only one victor. All districts need to send one boy and one girl to fight for their life. "Prim Katniss ," my mother calls, "Get ready for the reaping" When Prim and I are ready, we head to the justice building.