|| 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟰 || 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦

Skyla and JJ walked side by side to the Cháteau. Skyla took a seat next to Kie as she played the bongos "lovin' the music Kie" Skyla laughed "well thank you it's one of my hidden talents." The girls laughed as John B walked towards them.

"Look, I'm callin' it off. All right? Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS." "And you believed her?" "Yes, I believed her, JJ." "An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." "I'm sorry JB but I gotta go with JJ on this one. She's a cop, how is she gonna help you?" Skyla sighed waiting for a response.

"You wouldn't understand Sky. I need all the help I can get. And if it's trusting Peterkin then so be it." JJ threw a rocks out as John B continued "all I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

Skyla stood up to say something but Kie grabbed her arm shaking her head no not wanting her to get in the middle of it. "You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass." "Yeah cause Topper was gonna drown me?" "Sure looked like it."

"Funny." "Have you looked in the mirror?" "Tell me some more. Come on." "They always win, don't they, man?" JJ walked up placing his arm up to lean on something. "Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win! Goddamn!"

Skyla stood up walking over to JJ "look, it's okay!" Kie said trying to calm the two boys down. "JJ it's okay" Skyla placed her hand on his arm trying to calm him down. He shrugged her hand off turning around to her and Kie. "No, it's not okay!" He yelled.

Skyla went and stood next to where Kie was sitting slightly annoyed with JJ's outburst, but knowing where he was coming from. "It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it." JJ pointed at John B "I know you do. And I understand why you don't wanna go. You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you. I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother? But you, Sky and me, man, we got nothin' to lose! We really don't, all right?"

"JJ" "and I know it didn't use to be that way for you." "I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it." John B pushed past JJ "so that's it?" "Just get out of my way, bro." As JJ tried to convince John B to go Kie and Pope turned towards Skyla.

"Okay what's going on?" Skyla have them a confused look not knowing what they were talking about "what do you mean what's going on?" Skyla questioned. "Don't give me that innocent shit. You and JJ." Pope smiled at the girl "um nothing" Skyla smiled looking down fiddling with her fingers.

"Okay you may be able to fool John B but you can't fool me and Kie." "Oh my God, okay we kissed!" Skyla blurred out. "No fucking way!" Excitingly Kie hugs Skyla "but please don't say anything I told JJ that I didn't want anyone to know just yet." "Secrets safe with us." Pope promised.

•••

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kie and Skyla checked the tanks "okay this ones a quarter full. It's enough for one of us." Skyla said setting the tank down. "Love it when a plan comes together." "Does anybody  know how to dive?" Skyla looked around before raising her hand. "It's kind of a Kook sport." "Are y'all just gonna ignore me or?" Skyla raised her hand higher "yeah we are because you're not going." JJ flat out said "and why is that?" "You're just not going got it?" Skyla put her hand down in defeat.

"I read about it." "Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die." "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" "It's not that simple JJ. If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." Skyla pointed out. "Bends like, bend over and." JJ bent down but stoped once he heard what Pope said. "The bends kill you." "Right."