Chapter 14 - Subject 9

Sarah's P.O.V.

Caitlin, Iris and I were currently in the cortex while Barry came in and told us that he had to take a leave of absence from C.C.P.D.

It's not permanent, is it?" Iris asked Barry

I mean, he said it was indefinite." Barry answered

They wouldn't have given you your ID back if it was for good." Caitlin told him as his nods.

I mean, maybe this is for the best, Barry." I say to my husband. " I mean, you need to prove that DeVoe is still alive. And you can do that now as The Flash."

Barry nods. " Yeah, maybe. How are we doing with him, by the way?"

We know that we still gave four bus metas left to find." Iris answered

And that DeVoe has absorbed the powers of Killgore, Hazard, Black Bison, Brainstorm, and Dwarfstar." I added

Fallout is safe with Tracy." Caitlin stated.

But the Weeper is M.I.A." I say

Then DeVoe must have him." Barry stated

Well, then just leaves Ralph." Caitlin says

Ralph is safe with us. But the other four metas aren't. DeVoe will absolutely kill them and take their powers." Barry says to the three of us.

By why does he need their powers?" Iris questioned. I can't figure out his end game."

I don't know." Barry shrugged his shoulders. " I just know that these last four metas are the key. That's why we need to find them."

And find them we will."

I turned around and saw Ralph and Cisco walking into the Cortex while Ralph was holding a box.

Where have you guys been?" I questioned.

A little home away from home, otherwise known as the bus depot." Ralph answered as he placed the box on the desk. " But I showed Cisco here an old P.I trick I learned from my mentor, Clumbo. Lost and found box from meta bus 405."

Question for the room, how did I get stuck doing the buddy system thing with Ralph?" Cisco questioned.

I looked at Cisco. " It's the best way to keep Ralph safe, Cisco."

Yeah, it's the best way to keep Ralph safe, Cisco." Ralph repeated my words.

Well, clearly you've never had to stay over at an apartment that uses neon beer signs for lamps and the kitchen sink for a shower." Cisco told me, before turning to Ralph. " Ralph, I love you. But you sleep on a futon."

Caitlin turned to Cisco. " Futon's not that bad."

It is when it's damp." Cisco says

I turned to Ralph. " Why is it damp?"

I sweat a lot when I sleep." Ralph answered

Iris shook her head. " You nasty."

Oh, het, my retainer." Ralph says as he grabbed it out of the box. " Been looking for this."

Cisco starts laughing. " Retainer."

I scrunched my face in disgust as Ralph puts his retainer into his mouth.

Okay, you made our point." Barry says as he moved next to Cisco. " Not that the point needed to be made. I'll take the next shift."

You're a good man, Barry Allen." Cisco says

Really?" I turned to Ralph and saw him holding a CD. " Who uses CDs anymore?"

I grabbed the CD and saw 'Izzy Brown Demo Tracks' on the disk.