there's too many Ms. Mikaelson in this room

Josie slowly opens her eyes only to close them again. She's still so sleepy, and the warmth that's all around her makes it very hard to just wake up. It takes her a moment to remember why she feels so warm, but when she feels a delicate hand slip under her shirt, Josie remembers exactly where she is. Her eyes open and she quickly realises that she's in Hope's arms, with her own head resting on the older girl's chest. Hope's hand doesn't really move after it went under Josie's shirt, her palm only rests on Josie's skin. It does have the effect of making Josie shiver though. It doesn't take Josie long to realise Hope is still deeply sleeping. Her eyes are closed, her breathing slow and even. For a moment, Josie feels guilty. She feels guilty because her feelings for Hope go way deeper than friendship. Because Hope's touch makes her shiver. Because Hope's eyes have the effect of breaking every barrier Josie has been building after what happened with Nia. Josie wonders if she should just listen to her sister, if she should just stop all of this before she gets her heart crushed again. However, when Hope tightens her hold on Josie and buries her nose into her brown locks, Josie feels her heart flutter and she knows she can't do anything about it. She's already a goner. So Josie does the only thing she can think of : she lets Hope hold her and nuzzles her face into her neck. She had already fallen, it would hurt anyway. She could still enjoy it while it lasts. Josie closes her eyes again and decides to let herself fall back to sleep.

Josie's almost asleep when she hears the voices of Hope's aunts. She discretely opens an eye and immediately sees Rebekeh, Freya and Keelin standing by Hope's door. Josie quickly shuts her eyes again, afraid one of them would spot her.

"She looks pretty happy, if you ask me." Keelin says.

"Keelin's right, Hope hasn't been this free since... you know." Freya adds.

"Something just doesn't add up. Two months ago she was in love with Landon, he breaks her heart, and she immediately bounces back and dates a girl? I mean, did they even know each other before?" Rebekah argues. She sighs before speaking again. "It's just kinda suspicious. I don't want some random person taking advantage of Hope. She's been hurt enough for an entire lifetime."

From her spot in Hope's arms, Josie is breathing with difficulty. Shit, they were in trouble. If Hope's family wasn't really buying their story, than maybe they weren't credible. Josie tries to think of the best thing to do. Making a quick exit that morning would be easy, but it would also be pretty suspicious. Staying for breakfast was risky, but maybe they could pull it off. Josie quickly makes her decision. She decides to take advantage of the fact that Hope's aunts don't know she's awake. It was time to put on a show. Josie leans her head a little more until her lips graze Hope's neck, then she starts leaving little kisses on the skin she finds there. Hope quickly reacts to the affection, her hold on Josie tightens and goosebumps appear on her arms. Hope is still way too sleepy to realise what's really going on, so Josie gets a little higher with her kisses, until she reaches Hope's ear.

"Hope, please wake up. Your aunts are watching us." Josie whispers as quiet as she can.

It's pretty clear that Hope is still sleeping when Josie gets no reaction at all.

The younger girl sighs. "Babe, wake up." Josie says way louder than before. "Let me see those pretty eyes of yours."

This time it works. Hope's eyes flutter open and when they fall on Josie, they widen a little. Josie sees the quiet panic that's filling Hope. With her eyes wide, Hope makes a move to untangle herself from Josie, but the brunette is quick to react.

Josie giggles. "Babe, calm down. It's just me."

Hope gives Josie a confused stare before opening her mouth to ask for an explanation, but Josie quickly pinches her to make her shut up. Josie gives Hope a discreet glare, and that's when a look of understanding crosses Hope's face. Hope moves closer to Josie and puts her hand on Josie's back again, only this time it's over her shirt. Hope gives Josie a sheepish smile.