𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀

✰𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺𝚈✰

"HOW'S IT GOING, HONEY?" Uncle Robert asks, leaning over my shoulder and peaking at the cake before me.
  I stick a red candle just above the head of Leonardo the Ninja Turtle. Only two more candles to go.
  "Almost done." I answer, grabbing a yellow and a blue candle from a small plastic container nearby. I stick them onto the top of the cake and smile in satisfaction. "Perfect."
  Uncle Robert chuckles lightly and shakes his head. "This is really important to you, huh?"
  "Of course," I say. "This is a way to show Tom how much I appreciate him and repay him for what he did for my birthday."
  Uncle Robert chuckles once again and pulls me into a tight hug. "You're too kind, Rocky. He doesn't deserve you."
  "I don't deserve him." I correct, letting go of my uncle's torso.
  "Mr. Downey?" Paddy exclaims, from the other side of the room. We both look to the youngest Holland. Paddy's attempting to hang a 'Happy Birthday' banner at the dining room entrance.
  Uncle Robert and I exchange a glance before laughing lightly at the child. "What do you need, kid?" Uncle Robert asks, walking over to poor Paddy.
  I chuckle and shake my head as I head over to the candy bar specifically requested by Tom. He has no idea we're throwing a party for him, but he asked for a candy bar. All of his favorite candy's decorate a table. Baby blue tissue paper drapes across the table.
  Balloons and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles decorations are all over the Holland family home. All of the Holland's -except for Tom, duh-, Haz, Jacob, and Uncle Robert all chipped in to help me plan this party. Mr. Holland -Dom- is golfing with Tom and Sam as a distraction.
  Jacob's busy arranging the presents in tower of bows and wrapping paper. Haz and Mrs. Holland -Nikki- are baking Toms favorite cookies in the kitchen -chocolate chip. The classic. Everyone's favorite. Harry's blowing up Ninja Turtle balloons with a helium machine. He looks like he could use some help with tying them and attaching ribbons to them.
  I make my way towards my best friend -besides Tom. I grab a balloon from Harry and tie it at the end. I snip a piece of white ribbon off of a nearby spool and tie it to the end of the balloon.
  "Thanks," Harry says in his thick British accent and smiles down at me.
  We continue doing this for about five minutes. Haz and Nikki finished baking the cookies and placed them onto a beautiful decorative cookie platter. Nikki decided to make multiple batches and she did. She placed them in many different spots across the room for Tom to enjoy anywhere.
Harry and I blew up all the balloons and tied them in various locations to random objects that came into mind. Uncle Robert helped Paddy and Jacob hang streamers and other TMNT decorations.
  "Are we all set?" Jacob asks, walking over to me.
  I nod and smile. "I think so,"
  "Great!" Nikki says, grabbing her phone from the coffee table. "I'll text Dominic and Sam to let them know."
  "Perfect." I say, smirking. I turn around to a plastic bag and pull out confetti cannons. "Time for revenge."

♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎

  "They're driving up the street right now!" Haz informs, sprinting away from the window.
  "Everyone, get in your positions!" Paddy exclaims, tossing everyone their confetti cannon.
  I follow the youngling behind the couch and we crouch down together. Jacob hides behind Dom's 'special chair'. Haz and Nikki take their places by the staircase while Uncle Robert goes into the hallway. Harry changes his mind from beside the door behind Dom's chair with Jacob.
  We hear the door being unlocked and Dom's voice insisting on Tom opening the door and going first. I hear Tom laugh just as the door opens.
  "What the fu-?" Tom says, shocked.
  He's interrupted by us yelling 'Surprise!'. Well, we didn't exactly have a discussion about it, so some people -Uncle Robert, Nikki, and Haz- yelled 'Happy Birthday!'. That's fine. The confetti then is launched into Toms, Dom's, and Sams faces and lands in everybody's hair.
  "Holy sh-" Tom stutters. His forehead is wrinkled and his eyebrows are furrowed. Nikki is the first to hug him tightly with all her might. "Wh-Wh-What? Mum, what?"
  Nikki chuckles and pats atoms chest with a bright smile on her face. "It was all Rocky's idea, darling." She kisses him on the cheek before winking at me. Um... what?
  The rest of us head over to Tom. We hug him and wish him a very happy birthday. "This was your idea?" Tom questions, smiling brightly and his face flushing.
  "Yeah," I say, like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "It's not a birthday without a party. Plus... I had to try and beat what you did for me."
  Tom laughs adorably and tosses his hat on a nearby coffee table. "Oh, so it's a competition now, huh?"
  I nod at the birthday boy. "Oh, yeah. It's on, Holland."
  "I'm gonna win, darling. Mine as well quit now." Tom teases. He ruffles my hair like he did when we first met -treating me like a child because I'm younger. He gets on my nerves sometimes... but hey, I love him.
  "See you by the cake, darling." Tom says, jogging up the stairs to his bedroom for a quick change.
  I let out a loud 'ha!' and head towards the candy bar. "It'll be gone by the time you're done!"
  "Don't you even dare!" Tom exclaims before shutting the door to his bedroom.
Sam and Dom walk over and embrace me in a warm hug. "It's so good to see you, honey." Dom says, smiling kindly.
"You too, Mr. Holland." I beam at the kind man. "I've missed you all so much."
Dom and Sam chuckle. "We've definitely missed you." Dom says before spotting the batch of warm, chocolate chip cookies at the candy bar. "Excuse me."
  Sam and I share a delightful laugh at Dom's love for cookies. "So, how was golfing?"
  Sam spreads his arms as if indicating he's a champion. "Come on, Rocky. You know I always win!"
  I laugh at Sam and slap him on the chest. "Tom won, didn't he?"
  Sams face falls. "As he always does."

a/n: the next chapter will be kinda short but here ya go!