chapter fifteen

ˏˋ°•* 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝙽𝙴𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙴𝚁'𝚂 𝙳𝙰𝚄𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝚁‧₊˚.[𝙿𝙴𝚁𝙲𝚈 𝙹𝙰𝙲𝙺𝚂𝙾𝙽 & 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙾𝙻𝚈𝙼𝙿𝙸𝙰𝙽𝚂]

chapter fifteen: percy becomes a hobo to tackle another hobo ( yeah, i don't get it either )

__________________________________________

"TELL ME when it's over," thalia groaned. her eyes were shut tightly, not even a celestial bronze knife could pry them open. the statue was holding on to them so they couldn't fall, but still thalia clutched ashanti's arm like it was the most important thing in the world.

"everything's fine," percy promised, he met ashanti's eyes, trying to keep a straight face.

"are...are we very high?" thalia asked weakly. her face was green and she hadn't even seen below them.

ashanti glanced down. below, a range of snowy mountains zipped by. percy stretched out his foot and kicked snow off one of the peaks. she snorted as percy said in the most even tone, "nah, not that high."

"we are in the sierras." zoë yelled. she and grover were hanging from the arms of the other statue. "i have hunted here before. at this speed, we should be in san francisco in a few hours."

"hey, hey, frisco!" the angel carrying ashanti, percy and thalia said. "yo, chuck! we could visit those guys at the mechanics monument again! they know how to party!"

"oh, man, " the other angel said. "i am so down!"

"you guys have visited san francisco?" percy asked the metal angels curiously.

"we automatons gotta have some fun once in a while, right?" their statue said as if it was ridiculous that they stood in their places all the time. "those mechanics took us over to the de young museum and introduced us to these marble lady statues, see. and –"

"hank!" the other statue, chuck, cut in sharply. "they're kids, man."

"oh, right," if bronze statues could blush, ashanti swore hank did. "back to flying."

"hank, don't be shy," ashanti smiled up at the statue brightly, "we're just a few fourteen year old impressionable minds." chuck laughed freely, while hank was in quiet embarrassment.

they sped up, so ashanti could tell the angels were excited. the mountains fell away into hills, and then they were zipping along over farmland and towns and highways. grover played his pipes to pass the time. z

oë got bored and started a contest with ashanti. zoë shot arrows, and ashanti threw knives at random billboards as they flew by. every time they saw a target department store ( and they passed dozens of them ) they would peg the store's sign with a few bulls-eyes at a hundred miles an hour.

"you've gotten better," zoë complimented ashanti over the wind, "very impressive."

"thanks," ashanti gushed, "i've been practicing with knife and dagger throwing for years now, and i think i've finally perfected it." the girl turned to percy, an idea worthy of the gods popping into her head.

she must've whipped her head around so fast, she almost got whiplash. "percy," she said in a sing-songy tone, dragging out the last syllable in his name. there was a devious little grin on her face as she poked his cheek where his dimple rested. "let me teach you how to throw a knife?"