Chapter 2

I awake feeling warmth from the sun rays streaming through the window around the outside of the curtains. Definitely glad though that Damon shut the curtains at some point so the room was still mostly dark.

Damon's naked chest is pressed against my back. I can feel his even breathing against my neck. He must still be asleep. I snuggle further into the blanket wrapped around us and the pillow below my head that smells like the amazing man I'm in bed with.

Last night was great and I feel blessed that I have Damon. That him and I are official. Well kinda. We haven't spoken about what we are but we love each other and isn't that what matters.

I'm pulled away from my thoughts feeling feather like kisses down the length of my neck to my shoulder blade. "Good morning" I say to him. I can feel him smile behind me. "Good morning sunshine".

I roll over so I can see his face, "you're in a good mood this morning".

"Of course I am". He kissed me lightly on the lips. "I got the most beautiful girl here". I blush at his words. If other people saw the sweeter side of Damon I doubt they would question be being with him at all.

I know once Caroline finds out she'll have some choice words to say.

I lay back against the pillow and run my hand down the side of Damon's face. How can anyone look this good, this sexy all the time.

"You're not looking too bad yourself. You know considering your age."

He smiles and leans over to kiss the side of my neck. "Mmm make your jokes. I'll be sure to remember these in the next century".

I laugh at him. Crazy to think that we actually have the ability to still be with each other in the next century and still look like we are in our 20's. Damon rolls me onto my back and holds himself above me on his forearms. I can feel the rest of his anatomy waking up.

"Well you'll still also be an old man to me but you're a very sexy old man". I say to him inching closer to his lips.

I can feel Damon smiling into our kiss. Although the light humour moment quickly passes as our kiss heats up.

Damon's legs nudge my thighs further open. I wrap my legs around him, securing him in place making it perfectly obvious what I'm wanting from him.

I ran my hands through his hair enjoying the feeling of his silky strands. The hair that I've had to so many fantasies and dreams about running my fingers through. Damon runs his hand down my side and between my legs, parting my folds and petting my lightly.

I moan into his mouth and bring my hips up encouraging his movements. He must like what he feels down there as he removes his hand and proceeds to line himself at my entrance.

As he begins to enter, I rise my hips to meet him. Not longer able to keep quiet I release his lips and through my head back calling out his name.

Being with Damon is both completely loving and utterly passionate. I could never want for more.

—————

After a round in bed and the shower I make my way down to the basement to find myself a blood bag for breakfast. Walking back up to the kitchen I see Damon.

"I was thinking today I'm going to go see Bonnie. You know thank her for bringing Jeremy back then I really need to take Jeremy to get some clothes and stuff since well he lost his things in the fire." Damon smirks at me and nods his heads agreeing with me. "I was also hoping it would be okay with you if Jeremy moved in here since he doesn't have a place to stay". I know Damon would most definitely prefer it to just be us two but I can't leave my brother on the streets.

Damon walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist. "Of course he can since someone went a little crazy and burnt his house down." He leans down to kiss me but I move my head away so he misses, slightly annoyed by his comment well at least pretending to be.

Damon groans playfully so I quickly peck him on the lips, "thank you. But said crazy person might have had a reason".

"Still crazy. But if I find Jeremy using my shower he'll be dead again. He can take one of the spare rooms that is far away for our room"
Damon practicality purrs at me. I smile and kiss him again. I love the way he says our room.

Before we get caught up in each other again I break away from Damon and go to grab my bag from the chair. Before I leave the room Damon grabs my hand and pulls me back to him.

"I was thinking, since I'm being polite and letting you go for the day, you and I could go out tonight. Just us". He talks smirking at me but I can see he is nervous. I decide to tease him a little. "Mmm so like a date?"

"Exactly like a date Elena. A first date. I want to do this right." I run my fingers through his hair and pull his mouth to mine.

When I pull away I walk towards to doorway again, turning to look back at Damon. "I can't wait".