Chapter 13

Lexi's POV

"Where are we going now?" I asked. Harry hadn't said much since our conversation at the graveyard, but he has been holding my hand constantly, as if he's afraid that if he lets go, I'll disappear.

"Dumbledore had some sort of relationship with a woman, Bathilda Bagshot. Maybe she could help us out in some way. She lives nearby," Hermione answered as we continued to walk. "And anyway, both Harry and You-Know-Who have a history here so we may find something, a clue maybe,"

We turned a corner and came face to face with an elderly woman, looking at us strangely.

"Holy Fu--" I started saying before Harry clamped his hand over my mouth.

"You're Bathilda, right? Bathilda Bagshot?" Harry asked, possibly recognising her from a photo or something.

The woman slowly nodded her head, then turned and walked away.

"Do we follow?" I asked, looking to get Hermione's opinion when she'd already walked off, following Bathilda.

We entered the dirty, run-down house with rubbish and broken stuff everywhere. Harry lit a candle and the room was lit up slightly. His eyes came to focus on a picture sitting on a table.

"Miss Bagshot, who is this man?" Harry asked. The woman grabbed the candle and walked past Harry. We decided to follow, Hermione being a little apprehensive.

"Lumos," The three of us cast as we walked up the dark, dodgy staircase.

Harry and I continued to follow Bathilda while Hermione stopped, analysing a book that looked new and undamaged, a vivid juxtaposition considering the house's condition.

We walked into an office but were stopped suddenly by Bathilda. She started speaking Parseltongue to Harry, looking at the locket hanging from his neck. Harry replied, his reply more of a question. She let him pass and eyed me strangely, creeping me out. I grabbed Harry's hand tightly and he gave me a questioning look before continuing to look around.

I heard some noises behind me and turned, seeing Bathilda's body start to convulse.

"Harry!" I whispered. He looked just as Bathilda dropped and a large snake replaced her. Voldemort's snake, Nagini.

The snake lunged at me, missing, but managed to wrap itself around me. It started to squeeze me, constricting my oxygen supply. Harry didn't want to use his wand incase he hit me aswell so he looked around for something else. He better hurry because black spots were starting to cloud my vision, my limbs getting weaker.

Suddenly, the constricting stopped and I looked to see Harry holding a brick in his hand. The snake lunged at Harry while I was still laying on the ground, too light-headed to move.

"Lexi!" Hermione shouted, seeing my semi-conscious on the ground. She pulled me up and swung my arm over her shoulder, holding me up. Harry quickly ran back to where we were standing, me not so much, the snake follwing. Hermione fired her wand at the snake, causing the floorboards to collapse.

"We need to go! I can't support Lexi's weight much longer and that snake's going to attack us again.

Just as the snake lunged back up towards us, the three of us apparated back to where we set up camp.

Hermione was still holding me up, but struggling. Harry put one of his arms behind my back, one under my legs, and lifted me up in his arms. As he carried me to the tent, I let my eyelids close, falling into a deep slumber.