Let's play a game

(Lyssa and Imogen are my own ocs. They are adopted by Logan and Patton who are together in this au.
logay- owns Roe. Based off of Coraline.)

Lyssa sighed gently as she sat down at the kitchen table, listening to Loga hum softly as he cooked food. But... this wasn't REALLY her Dad. This was the other Dad. The one that had buttons in his eyes. She knew she shouldn't be here. It's not safe for her. She could die, but... she had to find the ghost eyes. She had to find her parents and sister.. the girl gazed at the empty plate in front of her before biting her lip. "Why don't we play a game? I know you like them.."

The other Logan tensed up at the words slightly, a gentle chuckle escaping his mouth as he flipped over a pancake he was cooking. "Everyone likes... games.." he murmurs softly, grinning to himself as he cooked, listened to Lyssa. He heard a small 'uh huh..' escape her, making him just dying to know what she was up to. "What kind of game would it be?"

"An... exploring game..." Lyssa murmurs softly, watching Logan carefully as he slid pancakes onto her plate. Despite the food being mouth watering, she tore her gaze away from it to the flowers on the table. "A finding things game."

"Oh?" Logan grinned, placing the dishes into the sink before standing behind the girl. He placed his hands on her shoulders, making her tense up uncomfortably. "And.. what is it that you would be finding, Lyssa?"

"My real parents and sister."

"Too easy."

"AND the eyes of the ghost children."

This sentence made Logan grin a wide grin, one that he hadn't done for a while. This should be a fun game. Easy to manipulate. The girl wouldnt stand a chance. "Huh... and what if you don't find them?" He asked gently, a curious look on his face.

Lyssa bit her lip, letting out a sigh. She had an.. idea of what to say but... she could get hurt easily... this could go badly really quickly. "If I lose... I'll stay here with you... forever... and let you love me.." she whispered gently, Logan putting in disappointment. He opened his mouth to speak, being interrupted by the girl. "And I'll let you see buttons into my eyes." She swore she could FEEL the smirk on Logan's face, the grip on her shoulders slightly tightening. "And if I win... You let me go. You let EVERYONE go. My really fathers and sister. The dead children. Everyone you've trapped here."

"Deal."

The girl was quickly spun around on her chair, facing the creature that looked so much like her father but... he wasn't him. The hand was outstretched, as if waiting for her to accept the deal. Lyssa gulped, stuffing her hand into her pocket. "Not until you give me a clue..."

"Oh, right." Logan sighed, gently tapping his skull as he thought of how to say this. "In each of the three wonders I've made for you..." he murmurs softly, pulling out two buttons before holding them in front of Lyssa's face, as if pretending she had button eyes which made him grin. "A ghosts eyes is lost in plain sight.."

Lyssa growled gently, whacking his hands away as she closed her eyes. "And for my family?" She whispered gently, biting her lip. She watched as Logan only grinned, tapping his should softly with his nail, chuckling. "Fine! Don't tell me." She hissed, the tapping stopping as she closed her eyes tighter. "Its a deal." She put her hand forwards and opened her eyes, Logan seeming to have disappeared.

Roe, a small animal that seemed to be helping her, simply sighed in annoyance as he glared at the girl. Lyssa huffed, pulling her bag around her as she rolled her eyes. "I had to. I have to save them." She whispered, pulling her bad around her tighter. "With or WITHOUT your help." She hissed, eyes narrowed before running off. Roe sighed before scampering after her with a growl. He had to stop her dying... or at least try to...

~ 696 words