i

jisung looked up as the smaller boy hummed softly, making his makeup artist tsk. "sorry," jisung murmured, looking back at the mirror and ignoring the high-pitched laughter next to him.

"ji got in trouble!" chenle sang, and jisung only rolled his eyes.

"lele could get in trouble too!" jisung said, and even the simple nickname made chenle flush a soft shade of pink.

jisung was pretty sure he was getting a fever, because seeing chenle advert his eyes and press his hand to his cheek made his cheeks flush and well, he only got flustered when others (read: he only got flustered around chenle) got flustered so it probably meant dream was coming down with a fever.

"well i won't!" chenle stuck out his tongue again before bouncing off to the snack table, grabbing melon bread and flopping on top of jaemin, who cried that chenle was messing up his game process.

jisung watched out of the corner of his eye as chenle cuddled closer, whining that it was cold and he wanted cuddles.

it was cold in the dressing room, which was why, at least in jisung's mind, when he was done with the makeup, he unlatched chenle from jaemin and put him next to him instead.

jisung was literally a human heater, so chenle was content with the switch. chenle wrapped his arms around jisung and before figuring he wasn't warm enough, so he climbed onto jisung's lap instead, leaning into his shoulder and closing his eyes as jisung played softly with his hair.

it was kind of unfair how peaceful chenle looked, his breathing even as he snuggled closer to jisung. they'd had a late night preparing, so it wasn't surprising the smaller boy was sleepy.

last stage, jeno and mark had gotten something wrong, so they stayed up correcting it in order to tighten their performance.

it wasn't big enough that anyone really noticed except for their dance instructor and them, but still.

groaning a little, jisung shifted so he could pull out his phone, opening a game and beginning to play mindlessly, hoping the game would stop him from thinking too much about chenle.

he'd been doing that lately, thinking too much about chenle. it was causing his heart to speed when chenle smiled or when he laughed jisung felt himself smiling.

it was weird. it was like chenle was slowly enveloping jisung's every day, and jisung didn't know if he liked it or not.

"five minutes until stage!" their manager called, and jisung gently woke up chenle, making the smaller boy at first confused, then he clung to jisung again until jisung pinched his cheeks, making chenle grumble and detach himself.

"it's just pre recording lele, if we get it done fast then we can come back and sleep some more." jisung said as chenle's stylist touched up his makeup, and chenle nodded sleepily.

taking chenle's hand when he was done getting ready, jisung led the boy onto stage, seeing him wake up slowly and squeeze jisung's hand like he didn't want him to let go.

as soon as the lights hit chenle and jisung though, chenle withdrew his hand and waved at the fans who were going insane that chenle and jisung had arrived together - and holding hands nonetheless.

"begin with the music!" the director said through the microphones, and chenle nodded, watching jisung getting hooked up to his headset and tucking his microphone pouch into his belt, that was currently being put on.

his face flushed when he caught a glimpse of jisung's back muscles, and he looked back, practicing a little.

they waited for the music to begin, getting into their positions, and when it began, they moved was they were used to, singing and dancing.

up until the part where chenle and jisung had their moment. chenle felt the impulse to pinch jisung's cheek, so he quickly pinched the taller boy's cheek, seeing jisung smile widely and press his hand to his cheek, continuing his rap as the time continued.

for the rest of the prerecording, chenle and jisung would admire each other, but look away once they were caught, blushing and being teased by other members.

neither of them wanted the feeling of warmth and fireworks to ever leave.

guys this story is almost done :(