Chapter 1: The Pink Haired Boy and The Blond Spy

"Awh my baby's all grown up" My mum, Liz, said fixing up my quiff.

"Mum all I'm doing is going school no big deal"

"Yeah but you're going to school in America, which means that you have no new friends and you might get...lost"

She was right. Today I was starting school here in America. My old school was back in Australia and to be honest I wouldn't even class it as a proper school, cause' it was me in the kitchen eating food and watching my mum talk about: how to tell the time, how and when to use full stops and how to put condoms on and how unprotected sex can lead to some pretty bad shit, that you can't get out of.

"Mum chill out he'll be fine" My older brother, Ben, said trying to reassure her.

"Yeah I'll be fine but I'm going to be late so bye" I ran out of the house only to be smacked in the face by my other older brother, Jack- the stupid one.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing" I screamed pushing him down onto the ground and slapping the shit out of him.

"HEY LUCAS HEMMINGS GO TO SCHOOL and c'mere Jack I'm about done with your shit. Have a nice day luke"

Wow. It's crazy how fast a mum's mood can change from angry to the sweetest person on earth... why can't I be like that? Oh yeah I'm a boy.

I made my way to school careful not to stand out- but I did cause of my height. My friends back in Australia said that I look 7ft 5 but to be honest I'm only 6ft 4. It's an Australian thing.

I entered the campus and it was amazing. It looked like one of those high schools that you would see in the movies. There were cute cheerleaders pracing around and one of them even gave me a kiss. Score! They're were the jocks hanging out by their expensive cars looking all prestige and shit and there were the nerds who were sat there reading Harry Potter and reading books about maths. This was awesome.

"Hey you new here" A guy with pink hair asked me "err y-yeah" what do I say? I don't wanna seem weird or have people hate me on the first day of school.

"Great so my name is Michael it's nice to meet ya" He said grabbing my hand and shaking it vigorously.

"Errm so what do I do here?" Seriously what do I do here?

Michael looked at me and laughed.

What's so funny about that?

"Have you never been to a school before" He said still laughing about God knows what.

"No, actually never" he stopped laughing and furrowed his blonde eyebrows.

"What the fuck where have you been? I wish I was you" He said patting my shoulder.

"I was home-schooled" I muttered

"Oh...then yeah I don't wanna be you then" He said bluntly "but if you wanna survive then hang out with me. I've got the bad boy looked so nobody messes with all this" he said refering to his pink hair and his eyebrow piercing.

"Yeah but you have pink hair..."

"I'M PUNK ROCK I CAN DO WHAT I WANT" He exclaimed and walked away.

Great. Now I have no one to talk to and somebody hates me and I've only been in this school for 20 minutes.

---------

The school bells went off and everyone started making their way to...somewhere.

"Errm where are we going?" "What do I do" "Excuse me" I asked multiple people but they all gave me a disgusted look and walked away.

"You lost" A girl with wavy blonde hair and tanned skin asked me.

"Err yeah" I said hoping that she would help me out.

"Oh well be glad that you saw me and my name is Shannon" She smiled putting her hand out for me to shake it.

"Hi" I smiled shaking her hand.

"So right now we have homeroom which means-"

"We stay in our homerooms for the first period and then go to our second period after. I know"

"Wow! I love your knowledge on American schools, considering the fact that you've never gone to one" Wait how does she know that? I've only told one person and that was Michael.

"Michael told me, the guy with pink hair. Yeah he told me and he also told me that you dissed him?" She said sounding like more of a question than a quick statement.

"Yeah I did" I smiled proudly.

She smiled back and fistbumped me. Why?

"Yeah that boy is my cousin. He's soooo annoying but let's to go homeroom..."

She said pointing at me.

"Luke. My name is Luke" I said hopefully answering her question.

"Ok then Luke let's go to your first homeroom...hopefully you're in mine" she said excitedly and led me down the already empty corridor.

-------------------------------------------

"We're here" She said doing a weird rainbow movement in front of the door.

We walked inside and everyone was running all over the place. They're were people fighting, people screaming and some people even drawing penises on the windows. I LOVE THIS PLACE.

"Oi losers this is the new kid Luke. He'll be joining our homeroom!" She exclaimed, standing in the middle of the room and pointing at me. The whole homeroom went silent and all eyes were on me.

"Hi" I smiled doing a little wave.

"Hiya" One of the girls said. She's hot.

"Yeah ok that's enough Kenzie" Shannon said grabbing me by my arm and pulling me to the back of the room.

"What was that for?" I asked her.

"Don't get drawn in" she warned me.

"Why?"

"Cause' y is a crooked letter"

"Ugh please just tell me" I begged her holding onto her arm which resulted in her gently moving my hand away.

She sighed and looked me in my eyes and said "She's trouble. She's best friends with Katie. The meanest girl in school. If you've watched Mean Girls then you'll understand- she's basically Regina but mentally she's Karen. She's dumb as fuck"

That just about made sense but I kind of understand what she means. She's just trying to look out for me and that's sweet. But I'm old enough to fight for myself- even if that means fighting alone.

"Stop looking at me like that I have a boyfriend" she laughed

"You started it" I said

"Shut up blonde"

"You're blonde as well"

She looked at me and twirled a strand of her hair between her fingers.

"But it aint natural though" she smiled

The school bells went off signalling something that I don't know yet.

"Well we better get going to second period. Don't wanna be late" she said sarcastically

"By the way you have maths" MATHS? No I'm sick and tired of doing maths. But wait. How does she know?

"How do you know that?" I asked her.

"You're in all of my classes expect for gym and all the teachers have been waiting for someone like you. I don't know why, don't even ask"

"Yeah but surely everyone wouldn't remember the whole sch-"

"Listen yeah I've been in this school for years without a friend so when the teachers said that there is going to be someone new starting in MY class I'm obviously try to be friends with them" she said walking off in frustration.

Well that went well. I don't even know where maths is...great.