[Supernatural origins]

Another request! Thank you RDW656 for this request, I'm sorry it took me this long to finish this, if you read my authors note in the last oneshot you would know why. Anywho I hope you enjoy!

/////

To be honest Rian was having a horrible day, the kind of day that made you want to scream and punch something. He couldn't sleep last night, his feathers and fur were looking more like crows nests, and he was having almost constant phantom pains. 

Growling Rian walked out of his house looking like a very angry train wreck covered in feathers, with a messy flourish he unfurled his wings and flapped them a few times. Taking off he almost fell as a piercing pain flashed through his wing, gritting his teeth stubbornly realining himself he continued flying unsteadily towards the others chilling out at the base of the sacred tree.

Austin slightly winced when he suddenly felt a burning sensation at his shoulder blades, 'poor Rian, must be a bad day.' Smiling he waved off Bri and Devin's concern and turned to watch Rian land unsteadily. 'Yup definitely a bad day.' Austin thought as Rian trudged up to the others, ignoring their hellos and sitting tiredly on a tree root. 

After a few minutes of quiet conversation Bri and Devin gave Rian and Austin quizzical looks. Standing up from the root she was sitting on, Bri walked up to Austin. "Is Rian OK?" She whispered into Austin's ear, ignoring how it twitched cutely. Austin turned to look at her and shook his head no "Phantom pains." He whispered to her. Bri nodded and walked back over to Devin who was watching them concerned, "Hey Devin, I think we should go practice that new song we're working on." She said as she grabbed his arm, pulling him towards her. Devin stared at her in confusion until Bri nodded towards Austin and Rian, with a nod of understanding, Devin allowed Bri to drag him off towards her house to practice.

Austin watched them leave with a sad smile, turning to look at Rian, Austin took a deep breath and walked over to him cautiously. Sitting down next to Rian on the tree root Austin slowly placed his hand on Rian's arm, tensing when Rian jerked and turned to glare at him, Austin gave him a knowing look. "Can I help?" He asked, genuinely concerned, Rian stared at him in disbelief before turning away to glare at the ground. "Why do you want to help? You have no reason too." He ground out through clenched teeth, Austin wrapped his arm around Rian in an awkward side hug, "Because you're the only one I consider a brother and friend" he confessed, Rian stared at him with an unreadable expression on his face "It would help if you groomed my wings." He finally said with an embarrassed blush. Austin nodded "Ok, how do I do that?"he asked with a slight head tilt, Rian thought for a minute before replying "Just...smooth the feathers down and pull out any loose ones. If you hurt me I will kill you." With a chuckle Austin raised his hands in surrender "A'ight! A'ight! Yeesh! I won't try to hurt you." 

With a resented sigh Rian shifted so his back was to Austin and, with great difficulty, relaxed his wings. Austin stared at the ember like feathers before hesitantly placing a hand on the left wings joint, he could feel the muscles underneath tense up. With a fascinated look in his eyes Austin testingly ran his fingers through the soft and fire like feathers, they looked and acted like fire at the edges but smoothed out to feathers towards the center and were almost unbearingly hot. Against every single one of his instincts Rian's body relaxed into the touch, no one had ever touched him like this without some type of harmful intentions. 

Austin smiled as Rian finally relaxed into his touch, with a content sigh Rian laid against his arms, his tail swishing calmly behind him. Austin continued running his fingers through the soft and warm feathers until they were all laying in their rightful positions, by this time Rian had fallen asleep laying on his stomach on the tree root, somehow making it look like the most comfortable place to be. His now groomed wings splayed out at his sides, hanging down to brush the ground with the tips on his feathers. 

This is how Bri and Devin later found them at sundown, Rian contently fast asleep, and Austin leaning against the tree root playing with a detached feather between his fingers. Bri and Devin smiled and they both joined them at the base of the sacred tree for a group nap.

/////

 I hope I did your request justice and you enjoyed this one shot! 

And that's all folks!

-Makabre out-