Chapter 21

Wonho POV 

I always wondered how long it would be before Sunggyu left us, but I didn't expect him to escape before the fun part even started. 

"Here kitty kitty" I felt the grin hit my face as soon as I heard the pathetic whimper that escaped the concrete block in front. Finally, it was time, so I did what I do best. I spoke slowly and calmly but loud enough to be heard over Kihyun's screams for Minhyuk.

A long-time passed before his screams haulted and silence enveloped the room, the blue gas then stopped being pumped into his room and I too stopped hypnotizing him. Carefully I lifted the lid off of the box, turning my nose up at the horrendous stench that hit my nose. "You disgust me" I spat in Kihyun's face, although he made no attempt to escape when I unchained and dragged him out of the box. 

Jooheon was right, it worked. I laughed hysterically as our new puppet walked beside, and I continued to laugh as he sat down and Evelyn began to wash him, can't let anyone know he was actually tortured on broadcast can we.

When Evelyn had finished he looked like one of us, hair perfect but slightly ruffled, thick eye makeup with a natural face and lips. Everything was perfect, the script was prepared, I would be interviewing Kihyun essentially, although I planned to do a few things on my own accord when we were in there, just to make it even more realistic to the viewers. 

As the red camera light turned on we went live, to everyone. I turned to Kihyun one last time and spat "if you mess this up there won't be another chance", the venom in my voice didn't waver his emotionless expression, oh right, I grinned, he doesn't feel any emotions anymore. I turned to the camera and with that, the interview began.

Minhyuk POV 

My breath caught in my throat as his face finally flashed up onto the screen. Everyone and everything stopped. Taehyung stepped to my side, placing one hand onto my shoulder, "remember Minhyuk, what you see on that screen is no longer Kihyun, if you want to see the real Kihyun again you have to focus", I nodded silently as the interview began. 

We would commandeer it around 5 minutes in, which should give me 5 minutes to save him. Although I have no fucking idea how. So, for now, the tears silently rolled down my face as I saw what everyone else couldn't see, the bruises poking out from under his collar and sleeves, the undereye circles hidden by thick makeup and his bloodshot eyes were clearly from crying. The excessive swallowing showed just how hoarse his throat was from screaming. And Wonho's wandering hand sitting upon Kihyun's thigh didn't go unnoticed as I gritted my teeth, Taehyung's right it really isn't the Kihyun I have grown to know so well. 

"one-minute Minhyuk", Hyungwon's voice spoke clearly. Okay, as I stared into Kihyun's emotionless eyes I prepared what I was about to say, it will work, he is not too far gone yet I reminded myself consistently. 

"30 seconds to go". 

Just as I thought I was ready it happened. I actually paid attention to the interview, and I really wish I hadn't. 

"But we have something we want to tell everyone before we continue" Wonho spoke, "it is very important to me as well" Kihyun spoke, voice as emotionless as his eyes. Wonho looked towards Kihyun before capturing his lips in his own. Taehyung tried frantically to cover my eyes before the kiss happened but to no avail. I stumbled backwards, feeling every inch of the knife as it pierced straight through my heart. 

But that wasn't even the worst part. 

Kihyun turned to the screen, eyes bearing straight through me and spoke clearly. 

'I love Wonho'.

The knife twisted deeper into my heart, pulling it out entirely. 

"10 seconds left" I scrambled to find my thoughts, desperately chanting it's not him, not him, not him through my head.

Suddenly everything around me seemed to stop as his voice echoed hauntingly through my head. 

A soft whisper at first, soon turning into a desperate scream. "It's not true, it's not true, I love you Minhyuk, I always have and always will."

The parabatai bond was still there. 

And the Kihyun I knew was still alive.

Before I knew it I was live, broadcasted right onto the screen Kihyun now bore his eyes into. Wonho looked startled but continued the interview as he knew the public could still only see them. Kihyun's gaze never wavered. 

However, when I finally spoke his name the façade faltered. 

Finally, I thought.