9.

"Oh, god!!" Muttering to myself. I rushed eagerly towards my first class, which began 20 mins ago. I am so going to miss this one.

I started running at this point, not caring how ridiculous I look. I bumped into a few students who were probably skipping class wilfully. I merely heard them saying not-so-friendly words after me.

Cautiously opening the door of my classroom, I went inside. As I entered the class, all the eyes were on me, and my Maths teacher stopped talking. I shut my eyes closed and bit my lips in embarrassment.

"Hailey, you are late...again." Said Mr. Mark.

I reluctantly turned towards him and saw slight anger on his face.

"Three days in a row, Hailey."

"I am sorry, Mr. Mark." I didn't want to say anything lame and stupid in front of the class.

"Take your seat," he turned back to his lecture.

I scanned the class and found two vacant chairs. One was at the back, and one was in four-row, besides Asher. I was about to go for the last seat, but Asher gently patted the empty seat beside him and signaled me to sit there. I paused and saw the girls were watching my every move.

"What's taking you so long?" I heard Mr. Mark's voice and promptly took the seat beside Asher.

He looked at me sideways for a long time. I took out my notebook from the bag, trying to ignore his gaze. In mild annoyance, I looked at him and whispered harshly: "What?"

He smirked and said, "Miss Always-on-time is late for classes. Surprising, right?"

I narrowed my eyes and threw my pencil at him.

"I am on time. The class started early today, yesterday, and the days before that," I said with almost pride. He couldn't stop his laugh. Everyone started looking at us.

Mr. Mark gave us a warning and returned to his lecture.

I hushed him to stop talking before he'd pitched us out.

He kept quiet the whole lecture, but he kept doodling weird flowers, hearts, and smiles at the corner of my notes. I ignored him at first; then, I doodled an angry evil emoji on his book. He smiled gently and focused back on the lecture.

_______________

"Finally! A weekend." I mumbled to myself; I was never excited for weekends. They were always lonely and boring for me. But I guess I deserve a break from studying and tutoring. Not that I don't like tutoring him, it's merely I want to stay alone and think about the choices I've made these past couple weeks.

I carefully gathered all my belongings and went outside in the school parking lot. I gently opened the door of my car and put my bag and books on the passenger seat. I was about to turn on the engine when I heard someone calling me from afar.

I got out and saw Asher walking rapidly towards me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you." He said while recovering his breath.

"For me? Why?"

"Um, no reason. I just wanted to ask what your plans are for the weekend." He said and stood beside me and slightly leaned on my car.

"Nothing. Probably sleep and study. What about you?"

"Nothing. But I was think-

"You have chapter 5 and 6 to practice." I cut him in the middle to remind him of what homework he has for the weekend before he makes any other plans.