Chapter | III

Cleaning, sweeping, mopping. Charles felt exhausted, hanging the potted plants is hard too since he can't reach the ceiling properly. He had to use one of those long legged chairs then stand on the tip of his toes just to reach and tie them securely.

He also removed his shoe so he's on his barefeet right now. He removed his shoes so he can move around without dirtying the floor he just mopped. He's nearly done, he just need to wash the mop and towels he used for the tables.

The sun is starting to set when he got everything done. Yes, he's extremely exhausted but at least he finished quite early.

He sat on one of the chairs and sighed. He rotated his head gently from side to side, flexing the tired muscles in his neck. He had his eyes closed, resting his body from all the work. He could've fallen asleep, he's about to if it weren't for the bell chime swinging as the door opened.

"Oh, we're already closed--" Charles said, forcing his eyes to open.

"Closed, hmm?" Eunice repeated, coming in anyways.

Charles sighed. "I don't have time for this Eunice. I had too much of you today already. Give me a break, please." He said, closing his eyes back. He's not having any of it. He's too tired to even give a damn about her as of the moment.

"You know what i came for, Charles." He heard her footsteps coming closer. The sound of the chair screeching against the spotless tiles attacking his senses. "You won't actually tell him, will you?"

Charles gave her a sigh as an answer.

"Fine, be like that." Eunice rolled her eyes. "Again, i'm sorry. You're right, i should've told you right before Michael happened.."

"It's fine" not.

"Okay, so we're good now, right?" Charles wanted to say no but decided not to talk instead. "Don't tell him, okay?"

"You don't have to be scared of me spilling your secrets if you tell him yourself." Charles sighed, suspicious of the girl's intention for visiting. "You actually went here just to make sure i won't tell him?"

"....yeah?"

Charles sneaked one eye open at that. Thinking about it, she might he the reason of Michael's absence today and for that, Charles wasn't happy. "Don't mind if i do tell him, then. I have his number too, you know. Telling him not to come here won't do the trick."

Eunice narrowed her eyes at him. She didn't think about that.

"Not so smart, aren't you?" Charles smiled innocently, pulling his phone out of his pocket and swinging it in front of her. "I'm sorry about how i acted earlier,too--"

Eunice snatched his phone and ran outside, grabbing the door handle and preventing it from opening.

"What are you doing--give me my phone back!" Charles yelled, chasing her by the door. He's trying to pull it open but the girl was putting all her weight in.

"Deleting his number, duh." Eunice leaned back, only for Charles to let go of the door. She fell on the ground, dirtying her short skirt with dirt from the sidewalk.

"We see each other at the faculty, Eunice. And i can just save his number back if you deleted it. Please just stop, you're looking really desperate." He walked pass the door, crouching down her level. He's about to retrieve his phone when Eunice slapped his hand away, pushing him with her heels.

"Seriously, just give me my damn phone--" Then suddenly, his phone started ringing.

"Oh, look who's calling." Eunice stood up, wiping the dust and dirt off her skirt. She backed away a bit, waving his phone with his screen on. "Still haven't grown up from being a daddy's boy?"