Chapter 4 - Confession

~Oliver's POV~

"Mmngh~" what's this feeling? It feels so warm here... I want it to be like this forever... Slowly I opened my eyes to reveal what had given me the warmth.

"A-ah" I lightly squealed when I saw the hand resting over my side, luckily I hadn't woken it. That's right, I had let Len sleep with me last night. What was I thinking, this feels really weird... and inappropriate. My mom would never have let me sleep with a friend, let alone a stranger! But... it feels safe somehow, to be wrapped around Len's arms. This safe feeling, I get it whenever Len is around me, it feels like- he's always protecting me.

I closed my eyes again and snuggled close to him for another few minutes before deciding to get out of bed. I lightly lifted his arms and placed them somewhere else carefully as to not wake him. Then I got up to brush my teeth and went to prepare breakfast for the day.

In the kitchen, I reheated some leftover soup I had and cooked up some scrambled eggs. After I was done preparing the meal, I went back to check on Len.

I checked the clock, it was already 8 am. It was a Tuesday though, and the market is closed on Tuesdays.

"Len?" I looked over to see that he was still in deep deep sleep. Adorable, that's the best word to describe him right now. His hair slightly covering his right eye, his face in a calm setting, his chest slowly rising and falling,

"Leeen." I said in a whiny tone, nudging him a little.

"Ngh- five more minutes Rin." He mumbled back before instantly snoring again. Rin? Who could that be? His mother? No, he would have said mom if it was... maybe it's his sister? Older sister? Yeah, that sounds about right.

"Len, wake up!" I almost shouted.

"Mmn~ I don't want to do the work" he mumbled a little louder than before. Work? Len was barely older than me, and he has to work? Well, to be fair, I do too but it was only because I couldn't survive otherwise. But Len, he didn't look like poor at all, his clothes are in perfect condition.

"Len? What are you talking about?"

"Huh?" His eyes finally opened.

~Len's POV~

"Leeen"

Who was that? The voice sounded... girly. Was it Rin?

"Ngh- five more minutes Rin." This bed is so cozy, so comfy. Why does she always want to separate us? Me and my bed, we are inseparable.

"Len, wake up!" Gaah- now she's angry. I probably have to do *that* today.

"Mmn~ I don't want to work" I really don't want to. Not when 'work' involves-

"Len? What are you talking about?"

"Huh?" I shot my eyes open, revealing a blonde boy with a bandaged left eye. Oliver!

~Oliver's POV~

"What do you mean Len?" I was curious as to why he would need to work.

He looked at me strangely before answering, "Nothing." That was a lie, I knew it was a lie. But I couldn't force him to tell me, so I just left it at that.

"O-oh alright then. Want a cookie?" I brought a cookie out of my jar and handed it to him. I made it myself, believe it or not.

"Sure, thanks" Len took the cookie, his eyes widened as he took his first bite, "this is delicious!"

"T-thanks" I said looking away, hiding my tomato-red face.

"how about we go out today?" Out? As in out out? Stupid Oliver, he probably just wanted to get some fresh air. Yeah, that sounds much more reasonable. How did I even begin thinking about that, I don't even like him that way, we barely met. Besides, we're both boys.