eighteen

M O O N S H I N E

he was never mine
but losing him broke my heart

DMS

SEAVEYDANIEL
do you dream at night?
read 3:10 am

CORBYNBESSON
almost every night, why?

SEAVEYDANIEL
I don't remember the last
time I dreamt something-
at least not something I
still remembered after waking up.
it's just all nightmares.
nightmare on nightmare.
that stupid fucking car keeps
on occupying my mind.
but those dreams aren't even
the worst ones.

SEAVEYDANIEL
the ones that hurt the most
are the ones where I see her
smile. the last smile she sent me.
the smile she sent me the moment
she knew there was no way she
would survive. I hate sleeping.
im so scared of falling asleep,
sunshine. scared of being
haunted by her smile.

[INCOMING VIDEO CALL FROM: @CORBYNBESSON]

accept

"Moonshine?" a shudder went through Daniel's body as he listened to the soft voice, that came out of the speakers on his phone.

"Corbyn?" Daniel mumbled softly, letting a soft breath roll over his lips.

"go to sleep, moonshine, you need it," Corbyn said softly, hating that there's a screen between them. Corbyn wishes that he could let his fingers softly trail Daniel's facial features- that he could let his fingers imprint Daniel's body in his mind, the same way you memorize a map.

"I'm scared, corbs," Daniel admitted, ever since that night the nightmare began he had feared to close his mind, feared to his let conscious take over.

"Don't be, love. Don't fear her smile, love it the way you loved it while she was still breathing. she smiled because she loved you Daniel, and smiles like that shouldn't be feared, they should be praised. So sleep, I promise I'll stay on FaceTime until you fall asleep, I won't leave," Corbyn mumbled, Daniel let out a sigh, as he nodded at the camera, feeling his cheeks redden as he looked at the smile Corbyn sent him- it was soft but yet so powerful.

Daniel closed his eyes and fell asleep. And for the first time in years, he didn't shutter when he woke up and thought of her smile, instead, he smiled. And thanked god for giving him a sister as strong as her.

And Corbyn- has held his promise, as Daniel reached over to grab his phone, he was met by Corbyn's soft breathing, and a blonde haired guy, with closed eyes, his lips curled up in a small smile. Daniel awed, Corbyn was beautiful, so insanely beautiful that it should be illegal.

AUTHORS NOTE !
GOT AN A+ FOR MY ENGLISH EXAM! it was low-key very easy, like- i didn't think it'd be that easy.