Chapter 12

When I woke up, Jeongguk's head was resting gently against mine and he was breathing softly. The sky was still bright, but it had gotten a little colder and I shivered, pulling his warm arm closer to me. I slid my hand out of his pocket and took my phone out of my bag. It was 3:23 PM.

I sighed and checked my messages. Responding to Prudence and Helena, who were wondering if I was even alive at this point, I typed slowly, "Hi. Yes, I'm alive. We fell asleep on a park bench. It's going really well. And he kissed me. A lot." I sent it and went to the message from my mom.

"How's it going?" she'd asked about 40 minutes ago. I smiled.

"Good," I responded. "I'll tell you about it later. Idk for sure, but we might go soon, since it got colder out. Also... he might've kissed me...." I added a nervous, sweating face emoji and sent it.

After a couple moments, she responded with a surprised/shocked face. "Wow!" she said, making me laugh, quietly though, so I wouldn't wake Jeongguk.

Meanwhile, Prudence and Helena had responded, so I went back to our group chat.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," Helena had sent, several times, with a steadily increasing number of H's.

Prudence had said, "Jane. Tea. Now."

I laughed and started typing as fast as I could with just one hand. "Ok ok, but do you want the kissing tea first or should I start from the beginning of the date and just tell you the whole story?"

"KOSSING," Helena had typed. Prudence liked her message, presumably in agreement.

"Got it," I said. "Ok so the first time, it was mostly just him kissing me and it was just with his lips, but the second time, I kissed him back (tried to at least) and, well, let's just say there was a fair amount of tongue... and he grabbed me and put his hands on me and stuff (both times) and GAHHHH to say it was really hot would be an understatement." As I typed, remembering everything, I couldn't help but blush. I sent it and glanced toward Jeongguk, just to make sure he was still asleep.

He wasn't. My eyes met his and I gasped, embarrassment flooding through me. He looked amused, and from the way he glanced teasingly at my phone, I could tell that he had definitely read and understood what my friends and I had been saying to each other.

"Hi again," he said, smiling at me. Tilting his head down to meet mine, he kissed me softly, his lips brushing so lightly against mine that it almost tickled. Pulling away, he asked, "Did you have a good rest?"

I nodded, sitting up more straight. "Did you?"

He nodded and stretched his neck, wincing a little as he worked out a cramp. I found my drink beside me where I'd left it, and took a sip. It was a bit watery now, and the whipped cream had somewhat wilted, but it still tasted decent enough. I turned back towards him, holding out the plastic cup. "Do you want some?"

"Did I taste that bad?" He laughed and took the cup from me.

I shook my head. "No, I just thought you might be thirsty."

He smirked slightly, gazing at me with a rather hungry expression that made me shiver, and took a sip. His nose crinkled up in disgust.

"Sorry, it's not very good anymore," I said sheepishly, feeling embarrassed for my poor, watery, semi-gross, half finished drink.

He shrugged. "At least it's better... than it looks."

He passed it back and I took another sip, trying not to let my inner germ freak feel grossed out. Jane, he's literally had his tongue in your mouth, I told myself, so any germs he may or may not have are probably already inside you. Don't be a baby.