cast & note

CAST

summer mckeen as venus beck
cody christian as jaxon beck
rachel mcadams as meredith beck
bradley cooper as garth beck
drew starkey as rafe cameron
rudy pankow as jj maybank
chase stokes as john b routledge
madison bailey as kiara carrera
madelyn cline as sarah cameron
jonathan daviss as pope heyward

NOTE
for the sake of this story and my sanity, there will be some changes to characters ages, specifically mr. country club. i cannot tell you how many times i've seen fics where the oc is fifteen and hooking up with a nineteen year-old rafe. like guys come on, that is a full-on case right there. so, i'd like to say before the story starts that my character, venus, is sixteen and rafe has just turned eighteen. if you aren't worried about a two year age gap (cause it's literally just two years its not that big of a deal), then you don't need to read past this part of the note. now, for those of you that are concerned about the legalities of this relationship and want to get technical, romeo and juliet laws would apply here in this book since venus and rafe's relationship has been happening before he turned eighteen. if you don't know what romeo and juliet laws are, it basically means that if you have a pre-existing relationship (and this mostly applies in sexual relationships) with someone that turns eighteen while you are still legally a minor, they cannot be charged with statutory assault/rape because you are within the age range to consent. this varies from place to place, but it has the same overall message.

WARNING
this will be my first and final warning about the nature and plot of this story: while it will follow the majority of the show's plot line, there will be a few things that may be different, left out, etc. this story is intended to be realistic and my oc may believe in something/do something that you as a reader don't agree with. this isn't going to be a happy-go-lucky story and if you don't like the whole trope of doing-anything-for-the-person-you-love then this might not be the book for you. please keep in mind that this is a rafe cameron fic and that this book is purely fictional (and also let's be honest, if someone were to get with rafe, they'd definitely have to at least be a bit crazy and reckless like him so please keep this in mind, gracias). ALSO just so everyone is warned and aware, there will be mentions of drug use, alcohol use, addiction, abuse, and explicit language in this book, so if you aren't cool with that, don't read.

THANK YOU AND PLEASE ENJOY.