3️⃣

"Are you kidding me?" Cline practically shrieked.

"Pixie!" Maddie sighed, dramatically falling back onto Cline's bed. All three of us were chilling in Cline's room and I had just finished telling them what happened with Rudy.

"I know," I sighed, I was sitting in a bean bag chair.

"He was totally gonna kiss you," Cline sighed.

"Yeah, totally," Maddie added.

"I get it, I totally missed my chance," I rolled my eyes, I already felt bad about the situation, "can we stop talking about this?"

"Okay, okay," Maddie held up her hands in surrender.

"I'm gonna go get a Red Bull," I told them, "I'll be right back."

"Can you get me one too?" Cline asked.

"Yup, Maddie? You want one?" I asked her.

"Sure," she shrugged.

"Alright, I'll be right back," I stood up, pulling my skirt down, and headed to the kitchen. For some odd reason, there were tears in my eyes. I sighed and said quietly to myself, "oh my God, you've got to be kidding me. Now is not the time to get emotional Pixie."

I jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey, Pixie, what's up," JD smiled.

"Hey," I smiled back and hugged him. "Nothing much."

"Mmm... you don't look okay," he studied me. I turned away from him and got three Red Bulls out of my fridge.

"Gee, thanks," I muttered.

"You know what I mean," he leaned against the counter next to me.

"It's.. It's stupid boys stuff," I sighed, turned around and leaning on the counter opposite from him.

"Rudy?" he asked quietly. I had told JD months ago about my humongous crush on Rudy and he had been giving me advice ever since. He was really good at it. I just nodded. "What happened?"

After I told him, he said, "wow..."

"I just feel like I blew it," I sighed, "and I know it's really stupid to cry over, but it's just- I-I don't wanna ruin anything, JD. You know me, you know I'm usually a bold person and I go after what I want, but Rudy... I just don't think I can jeopardize our friendship for my dumbass feelings."

"Let me stop you right there," JD folded his arms. "First of all, you're feelings are totally valid. Second, if you guys really are best friends, which you are, I've seen it for myself, then Rudy wouldn't be dumb enough to let something like this get in the way of your friendship. You might get stuck in the friendzone, which I don't think will happen, but if you do, I don't think he would stop being friends with you because of it."

I nodded, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, "yeah, you're right. I'm just acting stupid."

"Yes you are," he grinned. "Now come here."

JD pulled me into a tight hug.

"Don't worry about it, Pix, God has a way of working these things out," he said quietly.

"Yeah, you're right," I pulled away and then picked up the Red Bulls I had set on the counter. "I better get these to the girls before they think I got abducted."

JD laughed and I smiled, "see ya JD."

"Bye Pix," he called after me as I headed up the stairs. When I got to the top Rudy was coming down, don't be awkward Pix...