A year later O/S

Demi

Nick slammed the car door as I stood in the snow, shivering. "It's no use, baby. This car isn't going anywhere." Nick sighed, watching me, carefully. "We're gonna have to walk & see if we can find a hotel or something."

I groaned, throwing my head back. "This is, technically, our first Christmas together & it's gonna be the worst Christmas ever. We won't even be able to get to your family since Christmas is tomorrow & there is a fucking snow storm & they're about to put a driving ban into effect. Why the hell did we fly into Buffalo instead of New York city anyway?"

"I told you since we waited til the last minute the only flight out of L.A. to New York was the one we took to Buffalo with a connecting flight to New Jersey. It's not my fault you couldn't make up your mind about going east for the holiday or that there was a snowstorm in upstate New York that cancelled all the outgoing flights." Nick sounded annoyed & I felt bad now that I snapped at him. It wasn't his fault. He looked so pathetic covered in snow, since he had fallen trying to push our rental car out of a snow bank. Nick tried to prevent the car from going into the snow bank, but the roads were slick & he lost control.

I sighed, then smiled at him. "Babe, I'm sorry. I know it's not your fault. You've gotta be so cold, too. Let's start walking before I fall & get covered in snow, too." I turned after Nick nodded at me & I started walking down the quiet snow covered street. I walked about two feet when all of the sudden I felt something hit me in the back. I spun around & saw Nick smirking as he stood by the car. "Did you just throw a snowball at me?"

"I was trying to get your attention. We have bags in the car we need to get out, Miss Lovato. I'm not a bellhop." He chuckled then turned to open the back door. I bent down & picked up a handful of snow, forming a ball in my palm as I watched Nick's ass hanging out of the car as he gathered some of our bags. I walked a little closer then aimed with my eyes & threw the ball with all of my might. It didn't hit his ass, but instead, he had stood up & the snowball smacked him right in the face.

I gasped as my hands covered my face & I stifled a laugh. "Oh my God." I said into my hands, then laughed a little before I moved my hands to my chin. "I am so sorry. I was aiming for your ass."

Nick smirked as he wiped the snow from his face. "My head is no where near my ass, last I checked."

I let my laugh out since his face was wet & red & he looked adorable. I bent over, my hands on my knees as my laughter took over my body. "I swear I was not aiming for your head. You just stood up at the wrong time." I said, then put my hands up, defensively, when I saw him bend down & pick up some snow. He had a mischievous gleam in his eye as he formed a snow ball. "I swear! I'm sorry! Please don't!" I turned & ran to the other side of the car, screaming & laughing.

"Come here. Don't run. It will be so much easier if you don't run."

I stopped & peeked at him over the car & pulled my hat down a little. "Easier for you, maybe!" I laughed.

He stopped walking & watched me as he stood near the front of the car, the snowball in his hand. A sly smile formed on his lips & one of his eyebrows went up. "Just come here. I promise I won't throw it at you."

I took a step closer to him, but still was about six feet from him. "You're not lying?" I asked in a laugh.

"I'm not lying." He smirked. "I promise I won't throw it at you."

I inched closer to Nick as I watched his face. "Put it down then." I said as I walked.

"Okay." Nick said, looking down at the snowball. All of the sudden, he lunged forward & grabbed me by the waist & smashed the snowball in my face as I screamed & tried to get out of his grasp. When he let go of me, I spun around to glare at him. "I didn't throw it, though." He laughed, then reached for me. I kept glaring at him as he pulled me close to him, then he put his freezing cold lips on my mouth & I winced. "I need you to warm up my lips." He murmured as I moved my lips against him, being sure to cause enough friction to make them warm. "You ready to walk?" He asked after our lips parted, his eyes still closed.