SIX

After a long road after the grave, the Pogues told her fellow friend about what had happened back there. It was a long and adventurous story, coming from JJ, as everyone else was completely wiped out from tiredness and JJ was the only active one.

"I think I might just head home. I'll leave you guys to it here." said the Iris Stratford as the gang stepped out of the van before stopping right outside of the home of John B.

"Are you sure?" Kie asked, concerned. She didn't want her friend to be out in the dark this late at night.

"Yeah, you could always stay overnight if you want." suggested the young boy with the long locks. John B looked at her older lady friend.

"No, I think I'm good." Iris looked back at him with a warm smile. "But thank you for the consideration." The girl was on her way of heading home, until a voice spoke up.

"I can drive you back if you want. It's getting pretty late." Iris looked back to discover that the voice belonged to Kiara. Kiara had her eyes on the girl before looking back at John B. "John B?" she was referring to his van that was parked on the front lawn of his home.

He shrugged. "Go ahead. I'll wait." he gestured towards the van as if it was on display and he was giving a tour. "Goodnight, Ris." John B nodded at the girl before he and the other boys headed inside for some downtime as they would waited for their friend to come back.

The two girls got into the front seats of the van, with Kiara in the driver seat and Iris in the passenger seat. It was a fairly short ride from John B's house to the Stratford household in Figure 8.

"You didn't need to do this, Kie." Iris started. "I think I'm completely fine on my-"

"You think?" Kiara was concerned for her good friend who sat beside her, as she drove her home. "Ris, I just want you safe. Please. That's all."

Iris looked down to her lap while she fidgeted with her rings that sat on her slim fingers. "I'm okay. I promise." the girl muttered.

"It's just that I feel like you've been acting strange ever since you got back." said Kie, pulling up at the girl's huge house. "If this is about that other night, I-"

"Really, Kie?" Iris snapped abruptly at her friend. "I've only been back for 3 days. I don't need an interrogation right now."

Kiara's eyes widened at her friend's sudden attitude. Iris sighed and looked back down at her fidgeting fingers, noticing her tone of voice. "I'm sorry, Kie. It's just been a long day."

The girl rested her hand on the Iris' shoulders as she tended up. "It's okay, Ris. But you know you can always tell me anything when something's up."

Iris' mind immediately filled with all the messy thoughts and events she's been through that past few days. JJ's sudden gun situation the other night, her brief episodes of fear and anxiety filling her, Riley always hanging out with his friends 24/7 and Deputy Shoupe's lecture about being there for her brother.

Iris let out a big sigh after clearing her head of wild thoughts that piled up. "Yeah. Thanks, Kie." she looked at her, before heading out of the van and making her way to her front door. Kiara drove away, after her eyes followed after her good friend, as she got inside safely.

Back in Iris' bedroom, she sat down on her bed and managed to zone out the loud music booming from Riley's room before he came barging through her door.

"Knock first?" she said, looking at her brother as he started to rummage through her desk.

"Sorry. I think I'm gonna borrow some for now." he faced her, holding up 2 fifty dollar bills in his hand. "I'll pay you back soon." he said before heading out her door.