The Wall

I stared at the corner of my television, my eyes heavy from the lack of sleep in the past week. "Lack of sleep", meaning no sleep whatsoever. I couldn't sleep, every time I thought of closing my eyes and falling asleep, something would move in my peripherals, making me jump and stare at the wall.

          It has gotten worse. Every time I managed to blink, that thing would come closer and I couldn't really see it head on. The thing literally blended in to the wall escaping my immediate gaze, some nights it seemed to shrink inside of the wall, its smile burning into my mind. The grotesque smile that never faded, its teeth as sharp as knives, its eyes sinking into its skull, its sick smile curling into its eyes and it's skin deteriorating to a gray.

          I lived alone, no use for calling out to help. Nobody would believe anyways. I just blinked and it noticed my slip up, its coming closer amd I can smell its putrid scent of rotting flesh and blood. I gagged, forcing-no, willing my eyes to stay open. It smiled again and I sighed a breath of relief when it didn't come closer. I kept a steady flow of air through my mouth to keep from gagging.

         The monster vanished into the wall, trying to see if I'll fall asleep. I know it's tricks, but my eyes won't stay open any longer. I couldn't bring my hand up to slap myself, to fight the urge to sleep. I was losing the battle. And soon, my life.

          My eyes grew heavy, slowly slipping shut as the monster began to reappear from the wall. My heart thundered in my ears, but I couldn't fight the Sandman, he was beckoning me to an eternal sleep.

            It jumped onto my bed, raising its black claws to claim my soul. The last thing I remember is thinking about destroying that old cabin off Route 66 and contacting the legend, via Ouija Board, that killed all the sleep deprived, orphaned children before me.

           It smiled one more time, before ripping me into the wall and through the fire I started.