Chapter Seven

"Let us bow our heads and pray," Pastor McDowell spoke, bowing his head as the rest of the church followed. Everyone began to pray, when a man barged into the church; a panicked look upon his face.

                "Has anyone seen my daughter?!" he exclaimed. Everyone looked up, shaking their heads. Pastor McDowell looked up at the man, pressing foward toward him, resting his hand on the shoulder of the worried father.

        "Sir," he spoke lowly. "when was the last time you saw her?"

        "Just last night," his gray eyes began to dwell with tears. "I awoke this morning to find out she wasn't in her room."

       "What does she look like?"

"She has blonde hair, hazel eyes, a slim body." he tried to remember the traits of his precious daughter, but the frantic thoughts ran through his mind repeatedly.

          Mrs. Highmore stood up, her jaw clenched as she turned to face her husband. "That Devil child," she mumbled in his ear. "she has our son." Alfred's father looked back to the man and their pastor; returning his gaze back to his wife.

    "We better get going, then."

..................

                                     Alfred awoke with a yawn as Amanda kissed his cheek, her hand never leaving his chest. The Amish boy smiled, gazing into her eyes.

                 "It's nice to wake up like this," he squeezed her body tightly. "I hope I get to wake up every morning next to you."

            "Maybe one day, you will." she leaned in, pressing her lips to his. She climbed on top of him; her legs resting on each side of his waist, her hands on his chest as she began to grind on him.

            She heard Alfred stifle a moan, his hands never leaving her waist. He began to close his eyes in pleasure, but all the while there was a hint of guilt in the back of his mind. 

        What if everyone knows about us, what will we do then?

           "AMANDA!"  the door burst open, revealing Amanda's father, Alfred's parents, and Pastor McDowell. Amanda gasped; seeing her father angered by the entire scene. He grasped his daughter's hair, dragging her out of the house and into their small shelter; where she was to be smacked across the face due to promiscuous acts.

          Alfred turned to face his parents, he suddenly grew frightened by what was to happen next. His mother shook her head, exiting out the room to leave her husband to do the punishment.

             "From this moment on," his father snarled, "you are no longer my son." he exited the room with a slam to the door; leaving Alfred stunned by his father's actions. He soon felt his heart breaking.

     From this moment on, you are no longer my son. . .

    He didn't have a father anymore.

      He was an outcast.

Author's Note,

     Hi, everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I have other stories to update, but I will make sure this one gets updated at least once a week.

    I also would like to thank everyone for getting this story to two hundred reads; it means a lot!

   Have a Happy New Year!

- Valerie.